XF 1.2 Post icons fault

Jayjay

Upgraded to 1.2. along with Black responsive.

Here's what my post icons look like in Default style ( colour images have gone):

posticons2.webp

and here's what I get in Black responsive (gone completely):

posticons.webp

They still work, but are just invisible.

At first I thought this was a Black responsive issue, but the non-colour icons in Default suggest otherwise?

I guess I am stupid, because I have read that thread twice and see nothing relevant to this.

Looking at the post icons on this site, I can see that my Default icons are OK (not in colour) - so I guess this IS a Black responsive issue.

From that thread:

If you have a custom style it is highly likely that it will not work in 1.2 and will require updating. If the style is from a third party, ensure there is a new compatible release before you upgrade otherwise you will need to wait until the author releases an update.

There are some new and updated images so if you have a custom style directory you will need to copy those to the relevant folders.
They are:
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\xenforo-ui-sprite.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\magnifier.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\editor\icons.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\widgets\style-preview.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\permissions\edit.png

"If the style is from a third party, ensure there is a new compatible release before you upgrade otherwise you will need to wait until the author releases an update."

I did that.

"There are some new and updated images so if you have a custom style directory you will need to copy those to the relevant folders."

That statement, unfortunately, assumes that I know where the "relevant folders" are, and how to copy them........o_O

I am not a coder, but I am trying to avoid having to raise a ticket. Assuming I know stuff only increases my confusion.

I would be grateful for a plain English solution.

It is not possible to be any clearer than this:
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\xenforo-ui-sprite.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\magnifier.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\editor\icons.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\widgets\style-preview.png
  • styles\my-style\xenforo\permissions\edit.png
Replace my-style with whichever custom style directories you have.

Otherwise contact the style author for an update/assistance.

Ensure your icon png for Redactor is located like this: http://myrocknation.com/styles/black_responsive/xenforo/editor/icons.png?redactor

If they are, just Ctrl+F5 until it shows up.... I have black responsive on my site, it works fine. If not, just copy the image from the default style into there.

Hi @Brogan.

I buy a product - Xenforo

I buy another - Black responsive.

Nowhere on either did it say I would have to understand the innards in order to make them work.

I COULD have simply raised a ticket. But I contacted you.

You use a word "replace".....So where, how, with what??

The author has now told me what you couldn't. Let's leave it at that, my friend.

One last question.

This, in 1.1.5:
posticons3.webp

has become this, in 1.2:
posticons2.webp

Even this site is using the low rent version. Any chance of getting the better one back?

Top Bottom