Cannot reproduce Post Editor Flaky in BBCODE Edit Mode

RSI

Affected version
2.x
Hi,

I've noticed some strange stuff going on when using the new post editor here when when its toggled to BBCODE edit mode. If I go back and edit my post, words and the code sometimes get mixed together when using Firefox when saving. At home last night using the new Safari I was also getting some strange response. One of the lines in a paragraph got dropped down with a space and I was unable to remove that space and bring the line back up. Again, its all happening when toggled to BBCODE edit mode.

Also, if I try to insert a full size thumbnail inline when in normal edit mode it won't do it. It wont add the =full so I have to go back any manually add it to the code.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, when you say BB code edit mode, I assume you mean the rich text area turned off? If so, that's just a regular text area, so I can't see why anything odd would happen.

If it's the RTE, can you still reproduce it? Is it consistent?

I assume you mean the rich text area turned off? If so, that's just a regular text area, so I can't see why anything odd would happen.

Yes, that's what I mean and still still happens once and a while. It's probably some weird incompatibility issue with the latest Firefox and Safari browsers. It happens when I go to edit text like when manually removing BBCODE or URL's that were created with the rich text editor first. I will toggle that off then manually edit and when I do strange things happen upon updating the post and I have to keep going back a few times to correct it.

As Mike mentioned, when you're editing the plain BB code, you're really just using a plain HTML5 textarea element. Any odd behaviour here is going to be down to something specific to your system or the browsers themselves. We've not had any reports of anything similar and not been able to reproduce it ourselves.

If you find that it's something you're able to reproduce consistently please provide the exact steps (ideally reproduce it here, in our Test messages forum) and, even better, a video demonstrating the issue would be ideal.

I don't have any XF 2.0 installation. My observation was here on this xenforo site using your installation.

I have not tried to edit a post when toggled lately so I'm not sure if it’s still doing it or not. All I know is it was and it wasn’t my imagination.

Certainly not implying that you're imagining it. Just stating that we've so far been unable to reproduce it and we'd appreciate any help in being able to track it down so we can fix it for you and others who might be experiencing it.

As I mentioned, if you had some time to test it then you could make some posts and edit some posts in the Test messages forum, then if you're able to get a screen recording of that and document some specific steps, that'd be ideal.

Top Bottom