******* - Post Comments [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why but with some themes this addon posts the comments 2 times when you post a comment (shows as two entries in database also.)
Isolated it to the 'post' template in UI.X, investigating further.
EDIT: Isolated further to UI.X's CONTENT CHECK TO FOR PUBLIC CONTROLS template modification.
EDIT: Isolated even further to the content surrounding the hook 'post_private_controls'
FINAL: Found the line causing the glitch:
' <xen:if is="{$canViewIps} AND {$post.ip_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/ip, $post}" class="item control ip OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase ip}</a></xen:if>'
Removing that fixes the double posting for UI.X

ZERO idea why it is causing confliction though :|

Ok the template modification we use replaces two instances of that line, so that's the issue. Modifying the template modification now and will be fixed for public release.

Last edited:
Isolated it to the 'post' template in UI.X, investigating further.
EDIT: Isolated further to UI.X's CONTENT CHECK TO FOR PUBLIC CONTROLS template modification.
EDIT: Isolated even further to the content surrounding the hook 'post_private_controls'
FINAL: Found the line causing the glitch:
' <xen:if is="{$canViewIps} AND {$post.ip_id}"><a href="{xen:link posts/ip, $post}" class="item control ip OverlayTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase ip}</a></xen:if>'
Removing that fixes the double posting for UI.X

ZERO idea why it is causing confliction though :|

Ok the template modification we use replaces two instances of that line, so that's the issue. Modifying the template modification now and will be fixed for public release.
Is there anything i can edit to fix this, with out having to wait for the next release?

Is there anything i can edit to fix this, with out having to wait for the next release?
Delete it from that template. You will have to experiment. There really isn't another way :(

I deleted everything between:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true"> <xen:comment> CONTENT CHECK TO FOR PUBLIC CONTROLS </xen:comment>
to
Code:
</xen:if> <xen:comment> END CONTENT CHECK TO FOR PUBLIC CONTROLS </xen:comment>

and that fixes it for me.

@borbole Can you answer this my question?
When have new comment in the post.
Can this addon send a alert to all users who have commented in the post?
Or
It only sends alert to the poster (
people who wrote the post.)

Capture_14 Nov. 25 11.39 AM.webp
I believe the permissions are set correctly only Usergroups this is enabled for are staff groups (mods/Admin)
"Daily Comments Limit" also set to 0 (Disabled) ....

On the other hand setting to "Unlimited" solves this.. Just thought id mention it here..

Also wondering if there is a edit i could make to reverse the commenting ordering?

Last edited:
This add-on no longer exists... are there any alternatives (I couldn't find one) or is anyone willing to take this on as a freelance project?

It still exists. ******* took it over.
https://*******.com/resources/post-comments.239/

But this is the better one. It is updated and has more features.
https://*******.com/resources/comment-each-post.201/

I bought a copy of it a couple months ago

I haven't had any problem with it. It works well.

It does what the description says. Members can leave a comment on each post.

It's just missing 1 feature when viewing the new comments tab. But Brvium said he will add it on the next update.

https://*******.com/threads/feature-request-show-old-comments-in-new-post-comments.1807/

After that update i can say it's perfect for what i'm using it for. I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom