******* - Post Comments [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
borbole updated [1.2.x] Post Comments with a new update entry:

Several new features added

The following features were added:

-New layout for comments, includes visual character limit, and sidebar position option.

-Toggle setting to disable username showing in comments

Reporting system for comments

- Commenting to be listed in 'Recent Activity'
- Alerts being sent to authors of posts and any commenters on said post
- Commenting 'cool-down' to prevent spamming
- Ability to disable username in options
- Styling Groups to make...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
I too am interested in this update as I really need the visual character limit feature =)

Im interested in this as well, but need to know that the resource can be downloaded once payment is made. @borbole is the resource sent to the paypal email address?

Im interested in this as well, but need to know that the resource can be downloaded once payment is made. @borbole is the resource sent to the paypal email address?
When i paid for this add-on when it first come out you went to http://www.forumservices.eu/ but trying that site now is just a basic message saying its closed. It would have been nice to get a warning of this and a message in the update saying how to get the up date for us who already had it, because i not been emailed anything.

So i dunno to @borbole comments saying how.

@borbole How do we get the update? Your site i think i got it from if i recall right says "Forum services is closed."

When i paid for this add-on when it first come out you went to http://www.forumservices.eu/ but trying that site now is just a basic message saying its closed. It would have been nice to get a warning of this and a message in the update saying how to get the up date for us who already had it, because i not been emailed anything.

All mod updates are posted here, at the mod 's thread. If you want to use the new update you can send me a pm and I will email you the new file.

I too am interested in this update as I really need the visual character limit feature =)

Please send me a reminder pm and I will email it to you.

No, the resource can not be downloaded. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod.

Help me Please. This is wen i Post a Comment.

Folgende Fehler sind aufgetreten:

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Alert::userReceivesAlert() must be an array, boolean given, called in //library/PostComments/Model/Alert.php on line 20 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 518
  2. XenForo_Model_Alert::userReceivesAlert() in PostComments/Model/Alert.php at line 20
  3. PostComments_Model_Alert->sendCommentAlert() in PostComments/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 82
  4. PostComments_ControllerPublic_Post->actionComment() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in //index.php at line 13

Help me Please. This is wen i Post a Comment.
Folgende Fehler sind aufgetreten:
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Alert::userReceivesAlert() must be an array, boolean given, called in //library/PostComments/Model/Alert.php on line 20 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 518
  2. XenForo_Model_Alert::userReceivesAlert() in PostComments/Model/Alert.php at line 20
  3. PostComments_Model_Alert->sendCommentAlert() in PostComments/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 82
  4. PostComments_ControllerPublic_Post->actionComment() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in //index.php at line 13

Would you mind me to pm me forum admin and ftp log in info so I can have a look at this? I can not reproduce this myself.

This is a good idea. Are the comments stored in a seperate table or are they normal posts displayed in another way.?
I`d prefer the latter as I want to reduce changes to the default core structure to a minimum and also don`t want to loose the extra functions for normal posts provided by other add-ons.

This is a good idea. Are the comments stored in a seperate table or are they normal posts displayed in another way.?
I`d prefer the latter as I want to reduce changes to the default core structure to a minimum and also don`t want to loose the extra functions for normal posts provided by other add-ons.

By stored in a different table do you mean as in db table? Yes, they are stored in their own table. Regarding the display you can have a look at the screenshots attached at the Resource of how they look like in action.

Love the new update! Would love a way to have a "read more..." if larger than X characters or something. Basically I have to limit the posts at the moment so it doesn't stretch the original thread. I want users to be able to comment as large as they want but only show the first "X" amount of characters.

I use this feature a bit different than some others may so such an ability would be amazing for me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom