1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post a "Notice" if someone posts to a particular forum?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by mitchelled, Mar 11, 2014.

1. mitchelled

mitchelled Member

Running a Jetboaters forum and we were wondering if there is an Addon that would allow me to customize the "Notice" options to post a canned "Notice" to the board if someone posted to a particular forum.

We were thinking of having a "Help Me Quick" forum for "emergencies"- but we won't call them that for obvious reasons, but wanted a way that a post there would gain everyone's attention.

Use case is....I'm on the water and my boat won't start.....

Post in the help me quick forum, and a notice is posted say ... "Please see the help me quick section...boater needs help now".

I didn't see an addon that would do this.

Related---Would also love to be able to give members trophies for the # of posts made in a particular forum.

2. mitchelled

mitchelled Member

In short, a Notice criteria that triggered a Notice if a new post is added to a forum.
    Or perhaps if a particular hashtag was used?
    Or perhaps if a particular person was tagged?

Also a Trophy counter for # of posts to a forum. (less important).

3. mitchelled

mitchelled Member

Almost 1000 views and no reply....which I have to assume means that this can't be done easily....???

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I mean off the top of my head... I think of @Brogan 's Featured threads. It wouldn't be automatic but users could post the help thread and staff can "feature it".

It would push the thread the top of the forum index. It's fully phrased so you can label it anything you want.

Past that it's pretty specific what you want, could try posting in a request:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/