Not a bug Possible memcache bug

xnetco

Hello,

I have a potential bug in memcache. Memcache seems to be working quite well although this error is appearing occasionally. I wondered if this was connected to the size of the packet. Would appreciate some feedback?

Thanks

Code:
ErrorException: Memcache::get() [<a href='memcache.get'>memcache.get</a>]: Server 192.168.0.11 (tcp 11211) failed with: Connection timed out (110) - library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Memcached.php:180
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:58 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Memcache::get()...', '/home/sites/avf...', 180, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Memcached.php(180): Memcache->get('xf_data_options')
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Zend/Cache/Core.php(303): Zend_Cache_Backend_Memcached->load('xf_data_options', false)
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(87): Zend_Cache_Core->load('data_options')
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(144): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

This is just an indication that the connection to your Memcache server failed. No different than the connection to MySQL (or elasticsearch) failing.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for coming back to me.

That is what I originally suspected but the connection issues have been resolved. The only memcache related issues issues now seem to mention xf_data_options. Could this be to do with the packet size?

Cheers

Tim

Top Bottom