Cannot reproduce Possible....Installer causing mixed content errors

Rob

Hi,

I've just upgraded to the new version and whilst using the installer (through the browser, not the CLI) I had to manually click the continue button on each step because the install procedure was requesting javascript over http instead of https.

Once all steps were completed everything is working 100% fine.

Ok, this is a minor bug and nothing to write home about but thought you should know.

Incidentally, I used @Jon W 's install and upgrade script in this process and as such, I'm not 100% sure if the bug is in xenforo, the add-on or it could even be caused by my apache pagespeed module.

Just a heads up.

Unlikely to be anything to do with my Install and Upgrade add-on. The XenForo installer does not allow add-ons to extend any part of it.

What JS file was it? Can you see how it's referenced in the source?

The JS is all loaded relatively by default unless you pull jQuery externally or you've customized the JS path via config.php.

I don't have the path customised at all and I pull jquery from google's cdn.
The upgrade has long finished now but I am fairly sure it was the xenforo jquery rollup file - I cant remember the exact filename.

It is possible this is the pagespeed module doing this and I may disable it on the next upgrade to be sure.

Just an idea re this....

I'm on cloudflare, using flexible SSL.

In my config file, I have is line in order to force xenForo to use HTTPS:-
$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 'on';

Is the install process overriding this setting, or even taking account of it?

No. The installer doesn't use it and it simply loads JS using a relative URL. It would almost certainly have to be something modifying the page output to change that.

No. The installer doesn't use it and it simply loads JS using a relative URL. It would almost certainly have to be something modifying the page output to change that.
Thanks.

Ok then, I'll chalk this up to pagespeed then for definite since nothing else would change a relative path to absolute.

Top Bottom