Possible Attachment Bug

a legacy reborn

I am getting ready to release my site tomorrow and the one and only thing I have yet to go over...attachments! I tried to upload attachments first 2 at a time then 1 but havn't gotten it to work, so I increased my PHP Upload Limit and Attachment Upload limit in xF admincp and still nothing. please help :). I don't consider it crippling but I was wondering if it is a bug or something wrong on my side.

Try adding this to your .htaccess file before the mod rewrite rules.

Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Another thing to check is the permissions on the /data and /internal_data directory and sub-directories.

They should be 0777.

Another thing to check is the permissions on the /data and /internal_data directory and sub-directories. They should be 0777.

Why would software allow the attachments directory to not be writeable ?
Isn't there any checking for that ?
"Seems" like it would be easy.

Or alternatively, can't there be an error message: Image upload failed, attachments directory not writeable ?

The installation process already takes this into account:

Installation
Please note that the installation routine will direct you to ensure that the data and internal_data directories within your XenForo Directory are writeable by the webserver (ie: chmod 0777).

Upgrade
Note that you should ensure that the data and internal_data directories remain
writable by the webserver (ie: chmod 0777).
If the permissions are changed after that point then that is usually when problems occur.

Top Bottom