Fixed  Popup profile breakable!

JVCode

I'm in the mood for breaking stuff tonight... I've noticed that if your status message is xxx characters long, text will break out of the popup profile window.

Popup Profile.webp

I understand that this may not be a problem here because of the limited amount of characters you're able to use, but assuming an admin wants to let their members use large amounts of characters for their status messages, then it will destroy the popup profile window.

Trivial bug, but a bug nonetheless.

There's not a lot of point using Firebug for that, because you're not using the server-side processing.

isn´t the status-message limited to just 140 characters ?

It is, he was using FireBug to do it through the browser. The second set he took doesn't, and it looks like if you put no space between your words, you can get a solid line that runs off the Member Card.

that's due to smilies no longer auto spacing to force a wrap. Since smilies aren't even rendered in the status message, might aswell just wrap them there

It's still not a bug, it's a bug that the user makes smilies without spaces.

if browser = modern, word-wrap .. tada.

It's still not a bug, it's a bug that the user makes smilies without spaces.

if browser = modern, word-wrap .. tada.
afaik, word-wrap doesn't wrap mid-word, and smilies have been set to not get auto-spaced, which is annoying.

Mike/Kier: If you can detect if you're in a smiley or not, could you not just wait until after the smiley and then add the space instead of just not adding spaces?

word-wrap: normal; /* breaks words normally (top) */
word-wrap: break-word; /* breaks in block/box to new line to wrap accordingly (bottom) */

Screen%20shot%202010-08-11%20at%201.37.35%20PM.png

Works in IE/Safari/FF, as far as I know.

Fixed now anyway. (And yes, we're using break-word, but it's being used virtually everywhere.)

Top Bottom