Populating the 'Home' page

wealthboards

I have seen the Demo and can see how to add forums and threads etc. but, in the ACP, where and how do you add content on the 'Home' page?

Or, is this something only doable by a developer?

I set up my forum under this folder:

http://www.yourforum.com/forums/

That way I can create a home page located here:

http://www.yourforum.com/index.php

You can edit the index.php home page to show whatever you want. It can be a simple html file or something more complex. I prefer to keep my home page simple with an explanation of what my forum is about.

Would you say that it is essential to first direct visitors to the Home page to tell them what the site is all about and/or put some relevant news & resources on the Home page before the visitors head off to the main Forum page?

Or, would you say that directing the visitors straight to the main Forum page where you have a brief intro on the website is a safe bet?

Would you say that it is essential to first direct visitors to the Home page to tell them what the site is all about and/or put some relevant news & resources on the Home page before the visitors head off to the main Forum page?

Or, would you say that directing the visitors straight to the main Forum page where you have a brief intro on the website is a safe bet?

It depends. If you have a descriptive URL I wouldn't worry too much.

I don't usually pay much attention to forum "homepages" to be honest. But sometimes they can be useful too.

Would you say that it is essential to first direct visitors to the Home page to tell them what the site is all about and

No I think having a Home tab is enough. If the new visitor is checking out your forum they will click the Home tab in hopes that it will describe the purpose of your web site.

/or put some relevant news & resources on the Home page before the visitors head off to the main Forum page?

I personally dislike home pages with too much data. I think the home page should be easy to read with information describing the web site or forum and that is all. Although it's important to include one or two pictures to make the home page visually appealing.

I like to see main forum the same way a registered user would see the forum. I don't like forums which have a big notice and register now for non-logged in users.

Top Bottom