XF 2.2 Populating home page

Alvin63

Ok I am now on day 5 of setting up a forum from scratch :). I now have a home page set up - ta dah! With not much on it.

I followed the article on here to set it up and populate it with some widgets - which I've done. But that's not what I want on the home page. I don't suppose it's as easy as designing a Word page and cutting and pasting! But would like a kind of page layout like a news page with photos and articles - and a scrolling box with latest features in across the page. Any idea where I can start?

For a start off, how can I make the page into two columns? Thank you.

Ok I am still struggling with the front page issue. I have one set up - with not much on it, it is linked to my home tab and it opens first when the web address is put in.

But - I have noticed that on a mobile website this isn't great. Because the forums tab isn't there - you have to tap on a menu to find forums which many people would miss and just see the home page. So I need a very good home page and presumably some way of adding info to check out the forum by tapping on the three bars at the top.

I get the impression that creating a home page with photos and articles yourself isn't that easy unless you;re an experienced coder - is that right? Having put so much work into creating the forum I don't want to mess up my install and am wary of using add-ons that may not get updated/supported.

So apart from adding widgets to the page, is there anyway I can write content and upload it to my xenforo install to make it into a kind of widget? And link it that way?

Top Bottom