• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Popular Members Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

With this mod you will be able to make some forums accessible for your popular members only. A criteria which is based off the number of likes that they have received. The other users, with less number of likes, will see those forums but they will not be allowed to access, they will get an error message.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_PopularMembers.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Popular Members Only. There you can enable and disable the mod, set the numbers of likes that users must receive to be considered popular (by default it is set to 50 likes), choose the forums where only the popular members will have access and set the error message that will be displayed to the other users with less number of likes if they will attemtt o access the forums reserved for the popular members.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1287350116432.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1287350116432.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287350094847.webp
    Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287350094847.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 83
  • PopularMembers.zip
    PopularMembers.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 33
  • XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287350165111.webp
    XenForo - Error - XenForo_1287350165111.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 112
OK you instructions a little confusing for me, maybe im reading it wrong, I read it as, you want us to upload the "PopularMembers" folder to the root? Or are you trying to say upload the folder "PopularMembers" to the library directory?

OK you instructions a little confusing for me, maybe im reading it wrong, I read it as, you want us to upload the "PopularMembers" folder to the root? Or are you trying to say upload the folder "PopularMembers" to the library directory?
Upload the PopularMembers/ folder (including the parent folder) to library. :)

The Library folder inside the mod package should be uploaded inside the Library folder in your forum directory. I am sorry if the description was confusing.

no, im actually not installing any until the gold release in case theres major code changes. Im keeping an eye on this one and am installing it when we go gold and this comes out for it.

Yea... I'll just code my own. At least on vBULLetin they presented a free version as well, so I could at least try it out before I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom