poor, poor sony - hacked again

pk698

how embarrassing.

"Every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it," LulzSec said in a statement. "They were asking for it."

it appears sony doesn't care about its customer's safety after all.

LulzSec recently claimed responsibility for hacking the website of the PBS television network to post a fake story in protest of a recent "Frontline" investigative news program on WikiLeaks.
Wow. these guys are good. No joke.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Lulzsec eh ?
hmmmm.
LulzSec.The.Lulz.Boat.exciting.and.new.webp

I see their site is now only accessible via googlecache.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://lulzsecurity.com/
irc://irc.2600.net/LulzSec

Hello, good day, and how are you? Splendid! We're LulzSec, a small team of lulzy individuals who feel the drabness of the cyber community is a burden on what matters: fun. Considering fun is now restricted to Friday, where we look forward to the weekend, weekend, we have now taken it upon ourselves to spread fun, fun, fun, throughout the entire calender year.
http://freze.it/5S
OK. That's good stuff. +1 Lulz
These guys talk like they are more British than the Queen.

Karma's a b*tch...
how embarrassing.

"Every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it," LulzSec said in a statement. "They were asking for it."

it appears sony doesn't care about its customer's safety after all.
Was there any doubt about after whole DRM Rootkit fiasco?

Karma's a b*tch.

Karma's a b*tch...

Was there any doubt about after whole DRM Rootkit fiasco?

Karma's a b*tch.

I don't think that was the karma that called for this attack or the other one...I think it is about something else.

But yes the whole rootkit thing pissed off a bunch of people and though it in my opinon is not the reason for what goes around coming back around I can agree that Karma's a B.

not to hijack my own thread, but I couldn't help but notice... the blonde reporter... should have button her shirt up a little more..? just saying... happy thoughts and images are running through little kids minds when they watch that video.

anyways back on topic. with E3 just around the corner, I can picture angry customers lobbing tomatoes at the Sony booth.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I've noticed a lot of PS3/sony fanboys shutting the **** up lately, this is great. Besides ps3 price cuts in light of competition, sony equipment is overpriced trash. I don't play games or buy into brand names so I can say it as a neutral consumer. Besides, Karma is a *****.

not to hijack my own thread, but I couldn't help but notice... the blonde reporter... should have button her shirt up a little more..? just saying... happy thoughts and images are running through little kids minds when they watch that video.
How else do you think they've gotten many males to keep viewing the website?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I've noticed a lot of PS3/sony fanboys shutting the **** up lately, this is great. Besides ps3 price cuts in light of competition, sony equipment is overpriced trash. I don't play games or buy into brand names so I can say it as a neutral consumer. Besides, Karma is a *****.
And all I see is XBOX fanboys trolling, forgetting the whole downtime around Christmas :rolleyes:.

And all I see is XBOX fanboys trolling, forgetting the whole downtime around Christmas :rolleyes:.

I "listened" to a buddy of mine playing some army game on xbox, and I was quite amazed at the levels of stupidity people achieve when given a microphone. God help us all if these people reproduce.

I mean I love xbox live but I can't lie, I have heard some ish on Live. I love Sony hardware. I have many Bravia LCD models in my house, the network video service other than netflix and youtube sucks on the models that do have the rj45 port. PSN has network and game timeout issues a lot more often than xbl but account for it being free and I have no problem with service errors once in a while. In the end I have to second this,

... and I was quite amazed at the levels of stupidity people achieve when given a microphone.

It is just that a mic comes with xbox consoles so more people have them. Most of the people you don't want to hear on PSN don't have a mic anyways. Also the really really stupid ones on PSN don't know how to sync their bluetooth headsets. The really really dumb ones on XBL simply pull it out of the plastic and plug it in. Some people never understood the simplicity of respect. They exist on both networks.
65.webp

Shut up. Seriously. I'm a PS3 owner, and reading you spit your crap... Makes me mad.

I mean, people like you think that this is funny. Others think that it's okay. Xbox and Xbox 360 fanboys are having a field day with this whole mess.

Its not sony's fault that security sucks - they're hiring someone else to secure the system. Either that, or someone's spreading bull$#!^. There are a lot of false news in the media, that its hard to even take news reporting in the games industry seriously.

These hackers can't leave companies like Sony well alone, because of one stupid iphone sissy girl.
FYI, that argument doesn't work because some Xbox gamers will say "what downtime?" Believe me, I gave that same arguement.

I don't think that resulted in a ton of private customer information being leaked though, nor do I imagine that any of the information that sits on Microsoft's servers is unencrypted.

Either way, the fact Sony doesn't encrypt their information is worrying, and surprising to say the least, and even after the first attempt it looks like they didn't bother to go back and actually put more secure measures into protecting such data.

I don't think that resulted in a ton of private customer information being leaked though, nor do I imagine that any of the information that sits on Microsoft's servers is unencrypted.

Either way, the fact Sony doesn't encrypt their information is worrying, and surprising to say the least, and even after the first attempt it looks like they didn't bother to go back and actually put more secure measures into protecting such data.
No its more that so many XBox fanboys say that it has never been down, nor that it has been hacked.

I honestly don't care either way, I do think the people trolling on this issue though are being even more petty than usual seeing as the amount of information isn't anything to laugh over.

All this probably can be traced back to when Sony pulled the 'Other OS' feature from the PS3 firmware. They really did shoot themselves in both feet and one arm with that. Way to go - wind up the hacker community.

But I would suggest that Sony really isn't alone there and a lot of similar companies are probably reviewing their security as a result. I would say that probably even Microsoft could be caught out if the hackers put as much of an effort into screwing them over as they have done with Sony.

It'll be interesting to see if the likes of Anonymous or 4Chan actually ever get taken down or sorted out, as the more and more trouble they cause, the more and more the authourities are going to put the effort into tackling them. At the end of the day, companies around the world cannot be subjected to this sort of abuse at the hands of hackers.

Yes, Sony didn't help themselves in a whole variety of ways, but to say they bought it on themselves and deserve it is wrong. If a company does something wrong, the market forces should make them pay for it, not a bunch of hackers.

Top Bottom