Resource icon

Poor Man's Portal 1.1.8

No permission to download

EasyTarget

EasyTarget submitted a new resource:

Poor Man's Portal (version 1.0.1) - A simple, quick and easy to use, portal for your XenForo forum software.

The Poor Man's Portal

A simple, quick, easy to use, portal for your XenForo forum website.

This is the perfect solution for those who don't want too or can't install a full-blown CMS system like joomla, WordPress, or Drupal.

Installation / configuration of the Poor Man's portal can take just 5 minutes or less, by following the step by step, detailed instructions.

The portal uses html template files in order to easily and seamlessly integrate the .php...

Read more about this resource...

I posted an image, HOWEVER, it is just a very basic template, it isn't meant to be the end-all be all. The template / css files are designed to be easily editable and customized to how ever YOU want your home / portal page to look.
In fact you should be able to easily take your existing html, css, pages and just add the <widget> tag to merge in the XenForo widgets. It's all up to personal preferences.

I did not see the image at first, sorry. This media widget would hopefully use the site's own existing media sites bb code?

I have been asking for this! Thanks!
I will install on my site today and provide a URL here for others to demo.

Well, this is not a true demo, but here it is on my site:
http://hearth.com/portal/#

I am only going to use one part of it now, which is the latest posts, on my front page.
I will need to format that and style it - and will post back when this is live.

But you can see from that URL above that it is capable of displaying XF information OUTSIDE of XF, which is really (IMHO) the reason for this add-on!

Thanks, ET! A donation will be coming soon!

ET, is that a small bug that the (numeric count) members online on the right shows the limited number of displayed members (5) as opposed to the actual members online?

i really confused with this portal addon installation?

This is not a usual add-on in the sense of most...where you install it into XF and it works within XF.

This is only for reporting certain information completely outside of Xenforo.

I followed the instructions and it works just as Easy set it up to do. From there, it's up to the user to customize it. Easy has offered to do this for a small fee.

mydomain/portal
everytime i set the path location is always getting error
Err: The config file:
Most likely it can find your XenForo config file
in the file
/eipSoftware/portal/config/portal_config_useroptions.php
at line #16, you need to specify the FULL directory path, i.e.
PHP:
$config['forumDirectory']    = "/var/www/forums/library/config.php";

or you can specify a relative directory path, such as,

PHP:
$config['forumDirectory']= "../forums/library/config.php"

This assumes that you have your XenForo software in a directory called "forums" and that directory is located off of the main www directory for your web service.

Let me know if it works.
Thanks

Most likely it can find your XenForo config file
in the file
/eipSoftware/portal/config/portal_config_useroptions.php
at line #16, you need to specify the FULL directory path, i.e.
PHP:
$config['forumDirectory']    = "/var/www/forums/library/config.php";

or you can specify a relative directory path, such as,

PHP:
$config['forumDirectory']= "../forums/library/config.php"

This assumes that you have your XenForo software in a directory called "forums" and that directory is located off of the main www directory for your web service.

Let me know if it works.
Thanks
how about this
nusapromo.com/portal
i still not getting right ...what my wrong?

how about this

i still not getting right ...what my wrong?
Hi nusapromo:

I think I know what it is, it is something about the way your web server is configured.
So I think we can do a test to see if we can overcome the limitation

In the file /eipSoftware/widgets/lastposts/cls/widgets_lastposts_cls_getlastposts.php
on line # 25 &26,
change it FROM

PHP:
self::$userOptions    =  eipLoadConfigFile($currDirectory . '/eipSoftware/portal/config/portal_config_useroptions.php');    //get the user options for the portal
$widgetOptions=  eipLoadConfigFile($currDirectory . '/eipSoftware/widgets/lastposts/config/widgets_lastposts_config_widgetoptions.php');//get the options for the widget

and change it TO
PHP:
self::$userOptions=  eipLoadConfigFile('eipSoftware/portal/config/portal_config_useroptions.php');//get the user options for the portal
$widgetOptions=  eipLoadConfigFile('eipSoftware/widgets/lastposts/config/widgets_lastposts_config_widgetoptions.php');//get the options for the widget

Let me know if this sort of corrects it, or if you get a different error message

Great idea BTW.

I assume that Alerts and Inbox are beyond the scope of this ?

If not, Alerts would be a very popular future addition. (I don't think I've seen this successfully done in a "non-xenforo" home page).

Alerts can be handled, no one has requested it as a feature before.

The limitation of course is that the member must have logged into your site before, AND clicked the option to retain the cookie in their browser history. Otherwise there is no way the system would know what alert to display.

How would you want them displayed? Just a notice that there is alert available, or would you want it displayed in a sidebar template?

Top Bottom