[POLL] Styles with framework or without framework ?

Would you buy style with or without framework framework?

• With framework

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Without framework

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Allan

Hey all, I ask myself.

Would you buy style with or without framework framework?
Is it really useful, do you use the features of the framework?

Thank you to explain your choice !

:)

Having the framework included saves a LOT of time for customizing the style yourself. It's easy enough to disable features you don't want for the users, and in some of the styles it's downright easy to enable the feature in the base, and then give the end user the ability to turn that off (@Steve F, thinking primarily of you guys at PixelExit).
I like UI.X, but Audentio does some weird stuff with the navigation that causes some add-ons to break since they look for their template edits to change in the standard template names. You then have to dig through and find the new templates he has created and then make a custom template mod for it.

Having the framework included saves a LOT of time for customizing the style yourself. It's easy enough to disable features you don't want for the users, and in some of the styles it's downright easy to enable the feature in the base, and then give the end user the ability to turn that off (@Steve F, thinking primarily of you guys at PixelExit).
I like UI.X, but Audentio does some weird stuff with the navigation that causes some add-ons to break since they look for their template edits to change in the standard template names. You then have to dig through and find the new templates he has created and then make a custom template mod for it.
Thank you :)

anyone else?

If you create a custom style for your forum a framework is not needed. If you create a style to be sold and want to fit the needs of a lot of people a framework is needed.

Which means:
If you find (or create) a style that fits your need perfectly, do not care about a framework.
Otherwise you have to live with a framework, as it is the preferred method of syle developers to let their product adapt to different needs.

A framework bloats your code. If a super slick site is your number one priority, let someone create a custom style for you.

I hate frameworks. They are always bloated with a billion things you don't need... And end up slowing things down.

No, in a proper framework everything should be completely optional, if your not using any extra features the extra code won't load.

Only thing we have on by default which can't really be turned off is we've replaced all the images with font awesome.

Top Bottom