1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Poll prefix or some info that the thread includes a poll?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by danielwerner, Jun 16, 2013.

1. danielwerner

danielwerner Active Member

Searched and found no such thread before.

How do I include some kind of prefix or word that the thread includes a poll? I don't want the users to decide this themselves, I want the thread to automatically say "Poll:" before the title (could be a highlighted text or a prefix).

Is this a feature I doesn't see or do I need a mod? :)

AndyB likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_list_item

Add the red code:

<div class="listBlock main">
    		<div class="titleText">
    			<h3 class="title">
    				<xen:if is="{$thread.canInlineMod}"><input type="checkbox" name="threads[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" class="InlineModCheck" id="inlineModCheck-thread-{$thread.thread_id}" data-target="#thread-{$thread.thread_id}" title="{xen:phrase select_thread}: '{$thread.title}'" /></xen:if>
    				<xen:if is="{$showSubscribeOptions}"><input type="checkbox" name="thread_ids[]" value="{$thread.thread_id}" /></xen:if>
    				<xen:if is="{$thread.prefix_id}">
    					<xen:if is="{$linkPrefix}">
    						<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'prefix_id={$thread.prefix_id}'}" class="prefixLink"
    							title="{xen:phrase show_only_threads_prefixed_by_x, 'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, plain, ""}'}">{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, html, ''}</a>
    					<xen:else />
    						{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}
    				<xen:if is="{$thread.discussion_type} == 'poll'">
    				<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
    					title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
    					class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
    					data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
    				<xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>
    Screen shot 2013-06-16 at 1.09.24 PM.png
    marcv and AndyB like this.
  3. danielwerner

danielwerner Active Member

Thanks alot! :)
  4. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

@Jake Bunce Just came across this thread, what extra would I need to add into that so it would use the same display styling as a thread prefix?

Can this be added somewhere {$thread.prefix_id} with the number of my thread prefix I've created for a poll

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Janmaat and TJA like this.
  6. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member