Pls create chat software

Pretty sure it's not a "core" feature, but a paid add-on... that has a recurring fee for it. You start with 5 free users, then it's $10 every 6 months for up to 20 years, $15 every 6 for up to 50, etc.

It still doesn't change the fact it takes away from posting in the forum.
A chat would allow a community to talk instantly and sympathize, learn to know, etc. Everyone is not required to use this feature, but TaigaChat does not have the feature to speak in private (instantly). @Luke Foreman should provide this functionality.

I think a chat is very important in a community and larger communities use it (Se7enSins, NextGenUpdate, Elitepvpers, etc.).

I'd much like to have a chat in the core (this is my personal opinion).

A chat would allow a community to talk instantly and sympathize, learn to know, etc. Everyone is not required to use this feature, but TaigaChat does not have the feature to speak in private (instantly). @Luke Foreman should provide this functionality.

I think a chat is very important in a community and larger communities use it (Se7enSins, NextGenUpdate, Elitepvpers, etc.).

I'd much like to have a chat in the core (this is my personal opinion).

Making it a core feature which again IP.Board doesn't even do would create too much bloat and would slow the software down. It's not a feature that many people are going to need. If one was created by Kier and Mike I would rather it be a 1st party addon like the RM and ES are and not bloat added to the core software. Again same as a CMS I would rather it be 1st party and not core as not everyone will have a need for it or even want it.

Making it a core feature which again IP.Board doesn't even do would create too much bloat and would slow the software down. It's not a feature that many people are going to need. If one was created by Kier and Mike I would rather it be a 1st party addon like the RM and ES are and not bloat added to the core software. Again same as a CMS I would rather it be 1st party and not core as not everyone will have a need for it or even want it.
Yes, I know that a chat is secondary.

Xenforo wont get a chatroom or a chatbox anytime soon. It's a great suggestion but much like the CMS suggestions, it just wont happen. There is 3rd party addons & the development team is focused on the forum aspect. Don't waste your breath. It's not going to change. I can assure you (look at the CMS requests from 3+ years ago).

Indeed it is and, as such, it shouldn't be a core feature but instead an add-on. Check out Arrowchat and Cometchat, these have private chat as well as chat rooms.

Perfect!!
Thank you once more Martok, on a different forum you've helped me once more lol :D

I need a chat capability and Cometchat nailed it for me!
(EDIT - well it did until I realised the price of it for the video chats... sheesh!! Arrowchat it is! ;) )
Thank you for adding this to the OP's thread because it is exactly what I am looking for and need.
Nice one ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom