Please someone help

Dear All,
I am new to this software..
I have heard about vbulletin, phpbb2, phpbb3, smf, etcs.

I have purchased recently package consisting of domain and hosting for 3 years

Unlimited Domain Hosting Plan: Windows
Domain Hosting is Unlimited
Disk Space Unlimited
Bandwidth per Month Unlimited
Ms SQL Databases unlimited
My SQL Databases unlimited
MS Access Database unlimited
E-Mails IDs Unlimited

Please let me if i can buy this software and make it work on my site.

Regards
Tk

You can confirm the server specs are sufficient by running the script and confirming the required modules and versions are as required.

XenForo System Requirements
  • PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off
Download the requirements test script.

They said it will work fine...

then also i need to know more about this software..

What is the license period.

Is it easy to install this software via ftp.

is it easy to make change.

I am only familiar with phpbb2, phpbb3, smf etc...

Regards
Tk

The license is a lifetime license.
There is an annual $40 charge for updates and support, the first year is included in the license.

Installation is very easy, takes less than 5 minutes in most cases: http://xenforo.com/help/installation/

Customisation is much, much easier than phpBB3 - I converted from phpBB3 in January.
All text is done via phrases, styling is done in the ACP using Style Properties: http://xenforo.com/help/style-reference/

How can i create a test license.

Do i need create a backup whole package once i receive it.

Do i need to create backup of my site every month or it will be safe.

I am bit confused. Please help me out

I have 1 domain .us extension in that i have 3 folders namely

1. Forum (links + screenshots + description)
2. Crew (racing crew for online game) (screenshots + description)
3. Torrent (links + screenshots + description)

No data is stored of my site

I need forum site for all the 3, so can i create 3 copies of the original package or do i need to purchase 3 licenses.

What do you mean by "create a test license"?

You can either apply for an online demo (Admin Demo) or purchase a license.

If you use the demo you can't transfer anything from that to your own site in the future.

If you purchase a license you can install the software on one live site and also create a test installation, which cannot be public.

You will need three licenses for three different sites.

Regarding backups, it's up to you or your host to take regular backups of the server files and database.

I dont have 3 sites..

I only have 1 domain in that i have created 3 folders 2 are currently working with phpbb3 software

For instance

mysite.us/forum
mysite.us/crew
mysite.us/torrent

Domain remains the same for all the 3 folders

I wish to know do i need to install this forum software in all the 3 folders or 2 more license are needed for that.

I dont have 3 sites..

I only have 1 domain in that i have created 3 folders 2 are currently working with phpbb3 software

For instance

mysite.us/forum
mysite.us/crew
mysite.us/torrent

Domain remains the same for all the 3 folders

I wish to know do i need to install this forum software in all the 3 folders or 2 more license are needed for that.

As Brogan already stated in his last post, you would need to have 2 more licenses to run a site in that manor. You can only have 1 live installation per license.

So what does this mean

How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

So what does this mean

How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

It just means you can set up a restricted test installation for staff members, for testing out modifications and working on styles.

In exactly the same way you install the software normally.

It just can't be publicly accessible.

I'm not sure how the information and instructions can be made any clearer.

Top Bottom