Implemented Please move Bookmarks to sub-navigation menu

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not so sure that the forum sub-navigation would be the most appropriate location, since bookmarks may include content from other tabs - XFRM, XFMG, etc.

Initially we're supporting the following content types:
  • Threads
  • Media items (requires XFMG 2.1)
  • Albums (requires XFMG 2.1)
  • Resources (requires XFRM 2.1)
  • Resource updates (requires XFRM 2.1)

If the bookmarks navigation item were to move from the current location, then I think the user/account menu would be a better alternative. The ideal spot in the menu would be above the divider (content-related links), not below (account settings related).

To be honest, I don't mind the current bookmark button location, when there is room for it. But for narrow width viewports (e.g. mobile), I do see merit for allowing site admins to toggle 'Bookmarks' and the 'What's new' shortcut link - as discussed by others in the HYS thread.

Just my 2c... :)

We've made some changes here and rolled them out here.

We no longer have a bookmark icon in the account navigation area, and we have brought back the lightning bolt icon in its place for narrow displays.

Bookmarks are now available from your visitor menu (your avatar) in the navigation area in a separate tab in the menu.

Because we prefer it without them. I mentioned in another thread though that the phrases still exist but they are empty by default.

We've made some changes here and rolled them out here.

We no longer have a bookmark icon in the account navigation area, and we have brought back the lightning bolt icon in its place for narrow displays.

Bookmarks are now available from your visitor menu (your avatar) in the navigation area in a separate tab in the menu.

Thank you, Chris.

Because we prefer it without them. I mentioned in another thread though that the phrases still exist but they are empty by default.
While I don't have any issues with the current approach, it might be more helpful/obvious to not make them empty phrases by default and customize here to set them to empty. Again, I personally have no issues either way as long as it is customizable, but it seems like many people are hung up on this.

Typically what you see here on xenforo.com will be the default settings.
That's not always the case. There are many default behaviors that are not useful or preferred here and there are some custom stuff that are being used here, but not shipped.

That said, I am not trying to be vocal about it here, but I do see a little challenge for translators in this case. If I were to translate a phrase, I would see what the phrase says in English and translate accordingly in another language. However, in this case one has to draw conclusions from the phrase id itself or actually know the context of it.

The issue that I see here is that the phrase system is being used for an optional behavior and not necessarily for translation, which can become problematic over time and certainly needs out-of band information (hence many more confused customers). An alternative approach would be to provide a switch somewhere in style properties to enable or hide textual description of these navigational items.

Am I the only one that actually like the bookmark location next to the alerts? I kinda liked it there. Now you can't even tell there is a Bookmark system unless you dig deep.

Something odd has happened to the lightning icon though,it seems wider and less like lightning???

I think it is outlined instead of filled?

Top Bottom