XF 2.1 "Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer." but unknown input

SeToY

Hello there,

I just tried to assign a user group to a forum user brought over from XF1.5 where this worked flawlessly. However, upon saving, I get the message "Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. " with no indication as to what input field is triggering this error.

I tried looking in the database for xf_user_profile column lengths as well as the markup for any maxlength attribute, but didn't find any.

Which field might trigger this error for this particular user?

Thanks!

Update:
As soon as I posted this I found the field. Seems that the Location field is limited to 50 characters albeit the database column allowing up to 250 chars. :)

Just to let you know, the default column length for the location field in the DB is 50 characters -- I'm guessing the 250 change was something you made, in which case you'd likely want to change the entity length to match.

I'm guessing the 250 change was something you made, in which case you'd likely want to change the entity length to match.
Thanks for the heads up. I believe this was done using the Members Map add-on in XF1.5 which I've uninstalled previous to upgrading to XF2.1. I changed the field length back to varchar(50) now to be consistent.

Thanks!

Top Bottom