Plan to migrate from WP + phpbb3

I currently operate a gaming community site that uses Wordpress and bbPress (converted from phpbb3). We have authors that do reviews/first thoughts, and also use the buddypress plugin to allow for a more social experience. I was using a WP/phpbb bridge, that was abandoned, so that users would only have one login. Then Just switched to bbPress. But the forum set up and general aesthetics are not appealing at all.

I have read that I can import from phpbb, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I am not sure what to do as far as moving my WP install from root (without breaking anything).

Everything I have found has just been discussing moving it to a sub-directory, but having WP still operate the root. I guess if worse comes to worse, I can make a separate WP install in a sub directory, and import a backup.

So now to the reason for all the moving(and not just deleting WP). There are not a lot of reviews on the WP blog, but I do not want to lose them. Some of the folks worked very hard on them. Is there some kind of add on that will allow Admin to "post as" someone? So that I can manually transfer all of the reviews into articles on XF?

Thanks for any help. And I look forward to buying in the next week or so.

There are certainly a couple of add-ons that allow you to modify the author of content. I think even I wrote one a long time ago but there are likely others that are more up to date.

There are also other add-ons that allow you to physically log in as other users, but that might be overkill if all you want to do is change the author.

There are certainly a couple of add-ons that allow you to modify the author of content. I think even I wrote one a long time ago but there are likely others that are more up to date.

There are also other add-ons that allow you to physically log in as other users, but that might be overkill if all you want to do is change the author.

Yea, I don't want to be too intrusive... That kind of power might go to my head. LOL. Thanks for the quick reply. Checking here and at TheAdminZone, every question I have had seems to have been covered. So I think I am in good shape to make the switch. Hopefully by next week I will be a proud Xenforo licensee!

@Chris D I finally got my license so I plan on migrating things tonight. But I still haven't found a good solution for moving the WP install and installing XF to root. Not sure if you have done this before, but you seem pretty knowledgeable around these parts. Lol. Already got a few of your add-ons downloaded and ready to go by the way.

Top Bottom