Implemented Phrase editing interface overhaul

CyberAP

I think phrases interface can be much better than it is now. Let's focus on fixing these problems there:
  1. You have to always switch between the list of phrases and editing mode;
  2. You don't know what the original phrase was if you translated and saved the phrase;
  3. You can't batch translate phrases, as there is no Next\Previous phrase button or similar functionality.
It looks like this right now (for the phrases list):
upload_2017-6-9_11-2-16.webp

What I suggest is making all the editing interface inline. One interface for everything. There is no need to have 2 separate modes when editing controls and phrases list can be combined together. In result we eliminate all the current issues that I listed above. Much better experience for any XenForo translator. Search results are also displayed as a list of inline editing mode, with filters (if technically possible). Saving and reverting should be AJAX-based, so when you save a phrase there should be no page reload happening.

My concept:
concept.webp

Ah, much better.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Love the idea. While I am happy with what Kier just showed us, if there is time, something like this would definitely make translating a much quicker process, and time is money.

I think phrases interface can be much better than it is now. Let's focus on fixing these problems there:
  1. You have to always switch between the list of phrases and editing mode;
  2. You don't know what the original phrase was if you translated and saved the phrase;
  3. You can't batch translate phrases, as there is no Next\Previous phrase button or similar functionality.
It looks like this right now (for the phrases list):
View attachment 153381

What I suggest is making all the editing interface inline. One interface for everything. There is no need to have 2 separate modes when editing controls and phrases list can be combined together. In result we eliminate all the current issues that I listed above. Much better experience for any XenForo translator. Search results are also displayed as a list of inline editing mode, with filters (if technically possible). Saving and reverting should be AJAX-based, so when you save a phrase there should be no page reload happening.

My concept:
View attachment 153387

Ah, much better.
Good idea, but maybe post this in the XenForo 2.0 demo forum? As I am unsure if you posted it there or not?

Top Bottom