Lack of interest Phrase change

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Moshe1010

The phrase: you_have_been_banned
Should be: you have been permanently banned from {board}
Or without from {board}

Currently, users that were permanently banned don't get any information about that. It's just showing that they have been banned. I know that common sense plays a great role in our lives, but some people just don't have it.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes. If you ban someone temporarily, without a reason, it still says "You have been banned." To be more exact...
PHP:
            if ($bannedUser['user_reason'])
            {
                $message = new XenForo_Phrase('you_have_been_banned_for_following_reason_x', array('reason' => $bannedUser['user_reason']));
            }
            else
            {
                $message = new XenForo_Phrase('you_have_been_banned');
            }
            if ($bannedUser['end_date'] > XenForo_Application::$time)
            {
                $message.= ' ' . new XenForo_Phrase('your_ban_will_be_lifted_on_x', array('date' => XenForo_Locale::dateTime($bannedUser['end_date'])));
            }

It'll appened an end date (your_ban_will_be_lifted_on_x) if there is an end date. If there is a ban reason specified, it'll utilize you_have_been_banned_for_following_reason_x. Else, it always uses you_have_been_banned. The way the code in its current form functions, doesn't support a 'permanent' / 'temporary' ban phrase. If a user is temporarily banned with your suggested change, it'll tell him that he is permanently banned, but that it'll be lifted at a certain point in time (which is confusing).

The suggestion, as described in the first post wouldn't work for the reasons I've stated. I'm neither for nor against the idea, I'm just explaining why its just "You have been banned."

The suggestion, as described in the first post wouldn't work for the reasons I've stated. I'm neither for nor against the idea, I'm just explaining why its just "You have been banned."
You're right, it wouldn't work. Therefore, my second suggestion would be adding a phrase in between (I guess this is a possible solution?)

Top Bottom