1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Phrase cannot be saved

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Teascu Dorin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Teascu Dorin

Teascu Dorin Active Member

There is a phrase in 1.2.0 Beta that cannot be saved:

title: a_moment_ago
    main value: A moment ago

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by it can't be saved?

It's a default phrase.

What is happening when you try to save it?

3. Teascu Dorin

I am translating the phrases and when I save it it remains on the same page like I'm using Save & Reload but I saved and it keeps appearing on Outdated Phrases.
    There are more than that one: a_moment_ago, day_friday, day_friday_short, day_monday and more...

4. Teascu Dorin

P.S. Here is the error from the logs from one of the phrases on saving:

HTML:
    Server Error Log
    Error Info
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: Teascu Dorin, 28 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/Model/Template.php(1616): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????INSERT INTO...', Array)
    #3 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/Model/Template.php(1542): XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord(18, 1, 'PAGE_CONTAINER', '$__output = '';...')
    #4 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/Model/Template.php(1417): XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate(708, Array, 'PAGE_CONTAINER', 18)
    #5 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/Model/Template.php(1284): XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree(Array)
    #6 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/Model/Template.php(1493): XenForo_Model_Template->compileMappedTemplatesInStyleTree(Array)
    #7 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Phrase.php(348): XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplatesThatIncludePhrase('day_monday')
    #8 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Phrase.php(254): XenForo_DataWriter_Phrase->_recompileTemplatesIncludingPhrase()
    #9 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1392): XenForo_DataWriter_Phrase->_postSave()
    #10 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Phrase.php(179): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #11 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Phrase->actionSave()
    #12 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #13 /home/*********/html/xen1dev/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #14 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(55) "https://www.rostyles.com/xen1dev/admin.php?phrases/save"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["phrases/save"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(9) {
        ["title"] => string(10) "day_monday"
        ["phrase_text"] => string(4) "Luni"
        ["addon_id"] => string(7) "XenForo"
        ["phrase_id"] => string(4) "5266"
        ["language_id"] => string(1) "2"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/xen1dev/admin.php?phrases/day_monday.5266/edit"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That may be a temporary server glitch or an indication that something is completely stuck in the server. It should go away.

6. Teascu Dorin

For more then 10 different phrases and between them some other were saved without problems?

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. Teascu Dorin

The wait time is set at 7200 and I believe is more then enough!

9. Jake Bunce

Then there is a row lock exceeding 7200 seconds.

Check the mysql process list. Or just restart the server. That will free it up, whatever is holding the lock.

10. Teascu Dorin

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And you won't... php.ini controls PHP's variables. The one that controls mySQL is called (normally) my.cnf, and is normally located at /etc/mysql.

12. Teascu Dorin

That is bad because I don't have access to that. What should I ask the hosting to do?

13. Teascu Dorin

Only a fresh install of the software fixed the problem. For me is not a problem as is just a demo/testing board not my live forum.

14. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Same problem for french translation, with 5 or 6 expressions.

15. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

I find it very hard to translate, many expressions don't save. (I said that I am on a dedicated server)

16. Teascu Dorin

I believe that the update from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0b1 is not made "perfectly" not a server problem.

17. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Maybe this should be moved to "XenForo Bug Reports"

18. Teascu Dorin

Yes, indeed. After I posted the message I believed that should be posted as bug.

19. Jake Bunce

Mike does have an open ticket for this problem. He will be debugging it to figure out what is going on.

20. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Thats OK, but it is a bug and should be moved before the next translator opens a new bug report for this :D