PHPStorm and WebDAV

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
Does anyone know if there is a plugin for WebDAV support in PHPStorm?

There isn't.

I previously used CyberDuck and configured that to open files in PHP Storm.

I did notice some issues with the newest Cyberduck because it follows the WebDAV specification much more closely than XenForo is able to due to the constraints of the XenForo template system.

Look down the list for version 4.3.1: http://cyberduck.io/changelog/

Don't bother with the newer versions.

I did notice some issues with the newest Cyberduck because it follows the WebDAV specification much more closely than XenForo is able to due to the constraints of the XenForo template system.

Look down the list for version 4.3.1: http://cyberduck.io/changelog/

Don't bother with the newer versions.
Gotcha, thanks. I do remember when I tried WebDAV with Dreamweaver, the process was awfully slow. Hopefully, it's better this time round.

DreamWeaver for me, whenever I tried it, was awful.

CyberDuck isn't the quickest either, but you generally get used to any delay and CyberDuck does show you a progress bar after the file you have edited has been saved, IIRC.

@Chris D Do you still use WebDAV? And do you still do it this way?
I'm using it that way, except that instead of PhpStorm I use Sublime Text.

I guess you ran into file upload issues? There is a bug in CyberDuck since version 4.3. It assigns temporary name to files during upload, even if option is disabled. Get older version. I'm using 4.2.1

I guess you ran into file upload issues? There is a bug in CyberDuck since version 4.3. It assigns temporary name to files during upload, even if option is disabled. Get older version. I'm using 4.2.1
I haven't even used it yet - not sure if it's much better/worth it than the templating system. I suppose it'd certainly take time.

Yes, its much better than editing templates in admin panel. You get full features of proper editor, such as syntax highlight, undo/redo, automatic indentation, even basic tabs.

Are you still using 4.2.1, or have you switched to 5.0?

Are you still using 4.2.1, or have you switched to 5.0?
Still using 4.2.1.

Apart from one minor bug, it works very well. Sometimes (very very rarely) when I open too many templates, it stops watching files for changes. When that happens I copy contents of modified template, restart CyberDuck, open that template again, paste changed contents and save it again.

Top Bottom