phpBB3 conversion with other questions...

rightclickfix

I've been using phpBB3 for years and have been ready to move to a pro setup for over a year now and had vbulletin in mind all the way but I stumbled upon xenofo tonight and now my heads in a shed! :eek:
I'm very impressed with it so far and was about to order when I stumbled upon the annual $40 fee which has put a stop on things. I know support and progression/updates are time consuming and very hard work so appreciate the need for it but funds aren't the best right now so I need to ask a few questions to help me push the button if it's ok?

1. I noticed WP integration is possible with XF. That's a major factor for me and if it works will give my site a real boost (can I post a link to it?)

2. My 6 year old phpBB3 forum has got a few issues in admin (automod issue and DB updates problems so if I import it will it work? I have just read about test sites so might try that 1st.

3. How secure is XF? I used to have a lot of bother with spambots in phpBB3 that are a pain! Is the registration secure enough and is there any known issues?

4. I'm not only exporting my forums but I'm also moving them to a new host which is really why I'm here. I want a new forum on a new host and if I can import the DB and files I'd be delighted (y)

In summary I need to be sure I can import the phpBB3 forums which research seems to say is quite simple (gulp) and I'd also like to integrate them with my WP installation on the main site. If this is possible I'm your newest customer :D

... You'll miss out on any new features, bug fixes, and security fixes in any XenForo versions released after your license expires ...

This is partly incorrect, you will still received any security updates if required whether you have a current license or not. As previously mentioned the only security bug was with 3rd party software and the fix was supplied to everyone whether licensed or not.

Top Bottom