XF 1.5 Node Permissions & Some other questions

Semper Fidelis

I just ran my first test migration and I have some quesitons/concerns:

1. My two Admin accounts have their permissions all messed up. Is it necessary to fix every user group permission or was it supposed to have migrated permissions during import?

2. Is there a way to "pre-stage" work during import. Import is a very lengthy process and I want to figure out what I can do ahead of time or during import so my board is not down.

Is there any way I can configure everything the way I need it (with node permisssions and the like) and then start import again to over-write the information imported? I guess the question is what the most efficient way to do things so downtime is minimized.

The importer attempts to map permissions as best as possible, but it is recommended to check them all afterwards.

Is there any way I can configure everything the way I need it (with node permisssions and the like) and then start import again to over-write the information imported?
The built in importer does not allow for partial/top-up imports so it must be done in one go.

The only thing you can do in advance is install and set up add-ons and styles and configure all of the options.

Is there a way to get everything the way I want it in terms of permissions and then export my node permissions so that when I have to re-install everything I can simply import the node permissions the way I need them to be?

I don't want to go through all the struggle of getting node permissions perfect in dev only to have to re-do the entire work manually once I'm working on the production site.

Just to clarify what I mean by "importing". Is there any xml file I could export from settings that I can re-import later with node permissions.

OR

Could I export a specific dB table once I have the permissions set properly and then import that table via mySQL to set the permissions quickly?

Top Bottom