PHP version errors after hosting transfer

New Joe

I'm hoping someone could help with the below, I changed hosting company and they did the move so files and data base but they sent the below to me:

The site was showing the following errors on our end until I changed the PHP version from the default 7 to 5.6 (cPanel -> PHP Version Manager). It is recommended to check with your developer about upgrading the application so that it runs on the latest PHP version and then to change it back to 7 via cPanel.
For now the site seems to be working fine with 5.6.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; utf8_entity_decoder has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 529

Fatal error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php on line 90

I don't get what's wrong as never had any errors on my old hosting php version before they moved it.
Any ideas or help
Thanks

Post a support ticket in the [bd] Widget Framework thread because that mod is using 10 year old coding patterns that should not be used in today's day and age.

Fillip

Post a support ticket in the [bd] Widget Framework thread because that mod is using 10 year old coding patterns that should not be used in today's day and age.

Fillip
Cheers @DragonByte Tech , just took a look on that Thread and looks like there's been updates since I first installed it so will go ahead and install the updated version

What about the first line in my first post quote though:
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; utf8_entity_decoder has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 529

Is that to do with the same error for the Widget Framework?

Actually reading the support Thread on the Widget Framework looks like there's lots of errors and problems what haven't been addressed even on the latest version, not sure what to do now as I do need that addon really....

Then unfortunately the options you have are either get on the developer to fix the addon, or hire someone to fix all the errors in coding.

Then unfortunately the options you have are either get on the developer to fix the addon, or hire someone to fix all the errors in coding.
Looks like the developer isn't replying on the Thread to all the problems.
Strange how it worked fine before moving hosting though....

Well the issue is due to the PHP version, the developer is using old coding standards that are outdated.

What about the first line in my first post quote though:
Is that to do with the same error for the Widget Framework?
No, that's an XF bug we fixed 3 years ago.

You're still running XF 1.4 which isn't compatible with PHP 7.

To be frank, you probably should have upgraded about 3 years ago. It's never a great idea being on an older version :)
I know, just kinda not been bothered with stuff for a few years now, anyway paid the update and ready to do the upgrade to the latest version, but version 2 upgrade won't be for a while till the skin/theme i use has been updated to version 2 of xenforo

I know, just kinda not been bothered with stuff for a few years now, anyway paid the update and ready to do the upgrade to the latest version, but version 2 upgrade won't be for a while till the skin/theme i use has been updated to version 2 of xenforo
Well, I hope you've got confirmation that the style you're waiting on definitely will be updated. Must be an awful good one to delay everything on it. I mean, you wouldn't even need the widget framework if you upgraded to 2. :)

Well, I hope you've got confirmation that the style you're waiting on definitely will be updated. Must be an awful good one to delay everything on it. I mean, you wouldn't even need the widget framework if you upgraded to 2. :)
They say they are updating to v2, but to be honest in no real rush to upgrade to v2, my Forum works fine as it is now, but thanks for your concern ;)

Fatal error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels in /home/xxxx/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php on line 90

Sorted that out now, just edited the index.php files in the Helper file by removing the 2 in line 90 of the file, now all working fine on php7 :)

IIRC they have released fixes for PHP 7 compatibility for WidgetFramework which is only available on their support site.

Top Bottom