XF 1.3 PHP upgrade error message

rightclickfix

I u/ld the v2.0.3 files in the 'upload' folder after d/l the forum files to a back up and got this error message: PHP 5.4.0 or newer is required. 5.3.3 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP
I've contacted the host to see if they can do it and in the meantime I deleted the u/ld files and replaced them with the original (1.3.5) but still get the error so am a bit stuck now. Can anyone give me a quick way to get back up and running please? Maybe delete a certain file?

cheers,
Andy

hi guys, I've now moved all my sites to a new host with up to date software and they're live. My last problem is my xenforo forums. I uploaded the latest version, clean with no addons and after trying to import my database with no success I found the "importer" in admin cp so came here, d/l it and ran it. It's given me v1.3.5 and now the boards disabled lol
So, before I go any further I'd like some help if anyone can give it as to my best way forward from here? I'm thinking of dropping the forum files and re-uploading the v2.0.3 files and trying to import the (v1.3.5) db again unless you have a better idea? I'm unsure of this "importer" tool and my host has never replied to my tickets as yet but I'm unable to set up my emails seeing as I'm unable to log into the main site to access the dns section which isn't inside CP with all the other goodies? (crazy).

I've got v2.0.4 live and working fine, all I need is my database imported with over 1000 members and nearly 3gb of old posts.... (gulp) do I go via phpmyadmin or the forums 'importer'? thanks in advance...

Andy

Hi Chris I moved the forums to a new host so went with new forums. I could upload the old ones (1.3.5) and upgrade but wanted a clean installation as the 4 addons I had were all v1 and I want new ones v2 compatible. I hope that makes sense? I've actually no idea what the importer does? I just assumed it imported my old stuff?
All I need is to import my old db with like 8 years of posts in it. Then I can install new addons like chat2, forum rules etc.

I've just been in phpmyadmin and successfully imported my DB but its not showing in the new forums? I'm missing something so will poke around here. If anyone can guide me I'd appreciate it....
oops looks like I need the 1.3.5 files to import the db then u/g to 2.0.4....

Last edited:
I've just managed to get the forums back online from a back up I made in January. I've renamed and edited the config.php file to get it working so now all is well on v1.3.5 on my new host/server with tiagachat pro running and a few other addons.
From here I need to upgrade to v.2.0.4 and install the chat2 addon I bought but I'd like some advice on how I should go about it? I don't want to knock it off now that it's up and running :)

Top Bottom