XF 1.3 PHP upgrade error message

rightclickfix

I u/ld the v2.0.3 files in the 'upload' folder after d/l the forum files to a back up and got this error message: PHP 5.4.0 or newer is required. 5.3.3 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP
I've contacted the host to see if they can do it and in the meantime I deleted the u/ld files and replaced them with the original (1.3.5) but still get the error so am a bit stuck now. Can anyone give me a quick way to get back up and running please? Maybe delete a certain file?

cheers,
Andy

hi Chris, the error is the PHP not up to date one in the OP and here's a screenshot of the php thats been enabled...screenshot_clip.webp
I'm still waiting for my main host to get back to me, am busy re-u/l v1.3.5 to keep it live am off out tonight...

Yeah I'd actually still like to clarify exactly what error you're seeing, please. Can you copy and paste the text or post a screenshot? If it is the one in the OP is there a reason you can't proceed regardless?

PHP 5.4.0 or newer is required. 5.3.3 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP.

I've now upgraded to plesk v17 and php 7.2 and u/l the v2 files and am still getting this! My host hasn't got back to me yet so I'm about to delete the forum files and re-upload the v2 forum files...

yeah true Chris this is why I'm putting all the new files in place and upgraded to plesk 17 with php 7.2. Once it's all in place all I can do is certify the php version via the host and see how it goes.... they still haven't got back to me yet :(

The easist way to find out the PHP version your website is running is to create a phpinfo.php file on your PC or Mac computer, then upload it to your web hosting through FTP, after that go to browse this file from web browser. yoursite.com/php.info

This is what should be in the phpinfo.php file.
PHP:
<?
phpinfo();
?>

bloody hell I remember doing that around 10 years ago lol am well out of the loop aren't I. The trouble is if its all working and nothing breaks you just don't think about changing it...

Looks like you’re sorted for PHP. But yeah you’ll need MySQL upgrading.

Incidentally these kinds of things are worth keeping on top of. PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.1 are pretty ancient

well as a VPS user you just expect the main host to upgrade the VPS program and being busy in life and looking after you're own forums it kinda gets forgotten about which is why I'm here now really. I've known for ages about it needing doing but either had no money or no time. Right now I've got both and REALLY appreciate the help, honestly!
I've sent like 6 emails via ticket to my host just to wind them up really knowing they won't respond lol

my host got back to me with links on using ssh and how to upgrade to mysql 5.5 For me this is something that they should do or is it something I should do myself? anyone here experienced it?

Top Bottom