1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 PHP Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bluemartian, Nov 1, 2014.

1. bluemartian

bluemartian Member

I just noticed an error_log that has been accumulating in my root folder since my upgrade to 1.4.1. It is full of errors like the following:

Code:
    [01-Nov-2014 04:21:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 25835 bytes) in /home/terrible/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php on line 30
    One error occurs per day, just after midnight server time. Can anybody advise? I have not upgraded to 1.4.2 yet. BTW, I didn't upgraded to 1.4.0 + patch, but went directly to 1.4.1. As far as I can tell, my forum seems just fine even with the error. Also, the error varies but there is only ever one per day:

Code:
    [19-Oct-2014 12:22:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 55284 bytes) in /home/terrible/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 373
    Code:
    [10-Oct-2014 11:08:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12243 bytes) in /home/terrible/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Raw.php on line 13
    Code:
    [18-Oct-2014 06:04:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4 bytes) in /home/terrible/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 235
    Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. bluemartian

bluemartian Member

Thanks...Is this the item you're referring to?

Code:
    ini_set('memory_limit', 256 * 1024 * 1024);
    If so, can you advise me what I should edit it to for my situation? Thanks!

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's only happening at one time, I would look at what cron entries (in XF) are running around then. I would guess that there's an add-on involved that is triggering something, as the code in your error messages generally relate to template compilation which isn't something that XF would trigger on its own.

5. bluemartian

bluemartian Member

Just wanted to follow up...I tried that ini_set line as is in my config.php and it seems to have done the trick. The errors have stopped. Thanks again!