XF 1.5 PHP Fatal error:

WhatChaMissin

Hi;

I'm currently experiencing this error on my forum;

[18-Aug-2017 17:53:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/xxxpublic_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 276
[18-Aug-2017 22:43:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
[19-Aug-2017 02:05:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
[19-Aug-2017 14:11:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 276

This only happens when I try to either log into the site or request a password reset. Other than that I can move about freely on the forums, viewing posts, profiles, etc.

I had my host try to up the memory size and this is what they came back with...
"It is indeed hitting the 768M set on the account.
This seems to me like quite a bit of memory to be using for a single site."

I tried to disable the plugins by adding this to the config.php file; $config['enableListeners'] = false;
I don't know how to disable the theme via the config.php however.

Is there any way that I can save my forum?

Thanks in advance!

Can you log into the admin control panel directly? (Go to <url>/admin.php) If you can, then you can disable add-ons and change styles from there, but it's not likely to be related based on where the error is happening.

If you get logged into the control panel, can you now browse the public side of the forums?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I can log into the admin control panel directly, but trying to view the forums after I log in returns HTTP ERROR 500
Logging out lets me browse the public side of the forums again.

Here are some of the errors from the admin panel;

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:304
Generated By: DaUnknownAdmin, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

===========================================================================

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:276
Generated By: DaUnknownAdmin, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(34) "https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

If you have access to something like phpMyAdmin, look in the xf_moderation_queue table. Are there a lot of records there? If so, that is likely the cause.

I'm guessing there might be a lot of pending spam. You can potentially deal with this (depending on the exact form) via the control panel. Go to "batch update threads" and uncheck everything in "State" other than "moderated". If you get a big list once you submit, you can soft delete them (or hard delete them, but we would recommend taking a backup before making changes since they would be hard to undo).

BOOM! Matched Threads: 6396

I mostly have the forums for archive/nostalgia purposes. I guess I need to tweak my settings to ensure no new registrations and/or guest posting.
I was able to clean out the spam and log into the site with no issues *crossing fingers and toes.

Many Thanks!

Top Bottom