1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 PHP Error - Out of Memory while Online Users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Heffalump, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

The following error occured if a user open the online users:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 300313 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:294
    Generiert durch: Michael, Vor 44 Minuten
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Benötigter Status
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(41) "http://www.kuechen-forum.de/forum/online/"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {

If I deactivate a big addon like XMG all is ok for a while. Seems like something cleans cache or so. But it is temporary - the error occures again a few minutes later.

My PHP memory limit is set to 256MB. Not enough?
  2. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

A little workaround. It's dirty, but maybe worked. You can try to disable "current visitor" page so only staff who can see that.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is it only on this page, or is it on the forum list as well? Does it happen consistently?

There are elements of the current design of this system that does use more memory as more people are online, so that may be relevant.
  4. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

It is only on this page and I think it seems to be irrelevant how much users are online.
    The last error occured today in the morning at 9.23. Thats not the rush hour in my forum.
    The online user list is only visible for registered users.

The forum list and other parts like "search new posts" are working without errors.

Tomorrow I will deactivate the complete addon system and report here if the error is away or not.
  5. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Do you have debug mode enabled?

That is known to consume a lot of memory.
  6. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

If it can help, I had a similar problem 2 years ago and the problem didn't come directly from the memory. I'm going to quote my host:
    So you might check with your host.