The main features of PHP 5.6.0 include:
- Constant scalar expressionss.
- Variadic functions, and argument unpacking syntax
- Exponentiation operator.
- Function and constants imports with the use keyword.
- phpdbg as an interactive integrated debugger SAPI.
- php://input attribute changes as well as POST data parsing mechanism.
- GMP objects now support operator overloading.
- Files larger than 2 gigabytes in size are now accepted.
PHP 5.6.0 also introduces changes that affect compatibility:
- Array keys won't be overwritten when defining an array as a property of a class via an array literal.
- json_decode() is more strict in JSON syntax parsing.
- Stream wrappers now verify peer certificates and host names by default when using SSL/TLS.
- GMP resources are now objects.
- Mcrypt functions now require valid keys and IVs.
For source downloads of PHP 5.6.0, please visit our downloads page. Windows binaries can be found onwindows.php.net/download/. The full list of changes is available in the ChangeLog.