1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Photopost Pro URL redirection script

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Photopost content is shared throughout forums and on other sites. Without redirects many embedded images will stop working and Google will apply dead link penalties to our websites.
    My forum contains tens of thousands of embedded photopost pro images.

Please add url redirects for Photopost Pro.

Here are the links as Photopost suggests them in the media entry:
    http://www.domain.com/photopost/showmembers.php?sl=g (for albums starting with g)
    SteveCo, Melvin Garcia, PyroM and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's worth noting that, really, there's no real solution for these types of URLs:

...are probably not going to be redirectable. They reference an actual file in the file system which will no longer exist after the import. The best solution for something like that is an add-on that would scrape through all your posts and converting hard linked images such as that into attachments. Though, arguably, the somewhat simpler solution at the cost of disk space is just to leave the old source files in place after the import has completed.

For the other URLs, which are script based it should be possible with the exception of URLs like this:
    . There's no similar concept in XenForo or Media Gallery so it would be a case of simply redirecting back to the media home page or similar.

Everything else is do-able, though.
    Walter and Alfa1 like this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Would it not be possible to create a redirection file in /photopost/data/ directory and route all urls in that directory through that file? Then have the file cross-check the exact filename in the database and fetch the new ID?
    btw: all photopost images are in the /500/ dir.

That would work fine.
    PyroM and PASS like this.
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Even a partial solution would help.
    PyroM and Alfa1 like this.
  5. CMGDevel

CMGDevel Active Member

Yeah anything along these lines would help a lot.
    Alfa1 likes this.
  6. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

I would appreciate any sort of redirection available. Photopost pro is dead so it makes sense to move at any cost ASAP.
    PyroM and Alfa1 like this.
  7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I have a good developer working on this. Let me know if you are willing to share the costs.
  8. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

How much?
  9. VW Derf

VW Derf Member

Has anyone been able to find or get some redirect scripts yet for Photopost Pro? I understand the direct image locations probably can't be redirected, but my requirement is for the existing php scripts to redirect properly.

I'm in a similar situation and without the redirect scripts I may have to bail on Xenforo :(
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I had it custom coded for me. Including the direct image locations.
  11. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I'm interested, let me know.
    Alfa1 likes this.
  12. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Alfa1, I am interested as well.