Photo Gallery

lostincable

Hi all, seriously considering a move from VB to Xenforo but my site relies heavily on images and image sharing.

I was wondering if there is a built in gallery / photo sharing solution in Xenforo or is it capable with of this with a modification?

At the moment users have the options of attachments or photo uploading and can create there own gallery.

Any information appreciated on how this can be achieved.

Cheers!

Yes it is planned. First importer will be for things build on XenForo though as they will be much easier to make. Then later on vBulletin importers and also IPB.

Sounds good Robbo any ideas on a time frame for competition I know you have said it will be ready soon in other threads but keen to hear if there is a road map for getting this mod out?

Back onto my other questions to finalise this prior to the March 4 sale :)

1) Is HTML allowed in signatures?

2) Are img tags allowed in signatures

3) Does anyone know if imported Private Messages from VB4 get filtered into conversations or is it only new ones moving forward that are formatted as conversations?

Cheers all for the help so far i think i will be converting from VB4 over to Xen even with the gallery issue its a risk worth taking I think!

Well thought I would update this as the sale for Xenforo licences is coming up...

I have found a mod which is an attachment manager, this seems to be the least amount of risk as it doesn't seem to add an extra module to to Xenforo it just interfaces with existing attachments in the database.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wmtech-attachment-manager.1364/

If this is the case and once I get my licence I can ask the question in the resource thread of that mod I can just let my users upload and manage photos from the attachment manager.

That way if the mod goes belly up there attachments should be there at least.

So there is still a few burning issues like HTML in Signatures but for now I will be grabbing my licence once the sale kicks in.

I have already bought my skin from miner so just need the software and then I can begin the setup and import of my VBulltin software.

Cheers for the help so far and if you have any advice for my VBulletin import / HTML in signatures it would be appreciated.

My VB4 Forum has about 4 GB's of attachments / albums and about a 200mb database size....

Cheers all!

There is no current roadmap really. What I plan to do now the lawsuit is over and things seem to be picking up again is finish up the work for my current clients and save the money to live off for a little while and spend a lot of time on my add-ons and websites.

I can't be the only one that feels a bit robbed here can I?

He is at least releasing builds as he can and didn't just leave the pieces for others to try to pick back up like others in this community have in the past for crowd funded projects. Real life happens and things change in life. It will be out some day.. he said he's having trouble making ends meat atm.. cut they guy some slack.. he makes great add-ons and imo will be worth the wait!

The crowed fund didn't make enough to get this all done in one go, not even half. Think of it this way, the time I have spend on the gallery vs money made I am working at around about $10 an hour. The minimum wage where I live it ~$18/h.

Like I have said I will be working on all my add-ons again once I have saved a little money to LIVE off of while I do it. Hope to do that in around a month.

The crowed fund didn't make enough to get this all done in one go

Hmmm, you asked for 1500 and raised 2000. So it made more than enough in your terms and needs.

Sorry to be the one to say it, but as others, I am also very impatient to have the gallery up and running.

We are patient, but please give it a push ! ;)

Since he will be making an importer from pepelac's XF Albums, I recommend installing that and do the transfer later on.

This development will take some time, so if you need albums for your forum NOW, this is the way to go.

Yes it is planned. First importer will be for things build on XenForo though as they will be much easier to make. Then later on vBulletin importers and also IPB.

I look forward to the IPB gallery importer and have no problem purchasing your gallery when it's ready. It's the only think keeping me from moving my forums over to Xenforo.

I have read this thread and I too have a rather large forum (almost 1-million posts) running vb 3.8.3. I am not sure if this has already been addressed or if it is a given. However I really want to be sure.

We have quite a few photo albums and members have linked these images to their various posts via bbcode.

I was ready to buy and import then setup xf however I very concerned the photo album issue.

My biggest concern is when any gallery for XF is ready will these pictures still manage to be linked to all the existing threads?

The wrath of my membership would make xf not worth installing.

EDIT:
would existing links of photos already uploaded into the php database still work?
example; current photos can be found in /forum/picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=1167

that would at least make it tolerable to switch now and hope for an add-on very soon

Top Bottom