• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Photo Gallery

Hi all, seriously considering a move from VB to Xenforo but my site relies heavily on images and image sharing.

I was wondering if there is a built in gallery / photo sharing solution in Xenforo or is it capable with of this with a modification?

At the moment users have the options of attachments or photo uploading and can create there own gallery.

Any information appreciated on how this can be achieved.

Cheers!

Ok so to clarify -

1) There is no stock out of the box photo gallery for Xenforo?

So I am assuming when you import VB4 > Xenforo all your attachments / photos are lost?

Bit of a bummer if this is the case as I am therefore comitted to VB5 which I would rather not be at this point time :)!

Dakis

Wait you're confusing things now. What's a gallery have to do with attachments?

Attachments are converted just fine as far as i know.

Yep apologies sorry you have two things in VB which I don't understand really......

1) Photos and gallery

2) Attachments

So the questions are -

1) Does Xenforo support Photos & Galleries and if so what happens to them during import

2) Does Xenforo support attachments and if so what happens to them during import and how does a user manage / access attachmetns?

I guess for me from what I can see Xenforo supports file uploads (attachments) which can work fine as a gallery but can users access these files after they have upload from there user control panel?

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Yep apologies sorry you have two things in VB which I don't understand really......

1) Photos and gallery

2) Attachments

So the questions are -

1) Does Xenforo support Photos & Galleries and if so what happens to them during import

2) Does Xenforo support attachments and if so what happens to them during import and how does a user manage / access attachmetns?

I guess for me from what I can see Xenforo supports file uploads (attachments) which can work fine as a gallery but can users access these files after they have upload from there user control panel?

1) The default VB gallery is converted into user posts into a new forum.

2) Attachments stay attached to the same posts as they were on VB.

Users would need to go to the relevent post to manage them :)

Robbo

I am hoping this reenergizes Robbo to make it a complete and robust Gallery.
I want to get it done as much as everyone else. And now that the XenForo market might start to grow again I might be able to start spending a lot more time on it if my sales increase. Currently I am doing client work to pay the bills, once I have done enough I will have enough money to spend a lot of time on XenForo stuff once again. I also have been looking for help with it and now the lawsuit is over might have another interested developer.

Okay so looks like I will more than most likely be jumping ship from VB I had always planned to go VB5 but I am really loving Xenforo!!!

Couple of final questions from me -

1) Is there any way to import Vbulletin Albums into XFR Albums that anyone is aware of?

2) Is it possible to have HTML code in signatures as I have alot of users with HTML signatures?

Thanks for all the replies it is appreciated!!!

Hmmm interesting the more I dig on this the more it concerns me -

1) XFR Albums whilst it works currently there is no real way to import from vbulletin to Xenforo

2) XFR Albums hasn't been updated in a year and it would appear development is stalling

3) We have Simply Gallery and the developer her stating its still being worked which is great but sounds like its a fair way off to full release?

It looks like the only viable option is Xenmedio but it seems a little full one for my needs to just upload photos.

Disappointing Xenforo doesn't have a gallery and this may hold me up :(!!