Perspective API Integration by AddonsLab

Perspective API Integration by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($19.99)
These are the questions Google asks:
  1. Where will you be calling the API from? (browser JavaScript, web server, etc)
  2. What data will you be accessing? (user data, application)
  3. Are you planning to use this API with App Engine or Compute Engine?
  4. Select a role. (15 roles)
  5. Key type
I don't know if more information is needed after this. Please add a FAQ that explains the steps.

I see now. You see these questions because you are using the Credentials Wizard accessible from Dashboard of the project. This wizard tries to help you to create a correct type of credentials, but I don't see how to use that wizard for generating a simple API Key. An API Key can be generated by going to the Credentials tab of your project, using Create Credentials button and choose API Key. This will generate the key immediately without any further configuration.

Hi @AddonsLab - I apologize if this has been asked before - I did a bit of searching and could not find information on it here or via Google Searches.

Are there any plans to expand this or similar to XF2?

We're dealing with a bunch of negativity on our forum right now and it'd be nice to be able to do some better detection for this type of behavior.

Thanks!

Hi @AddonsLab - I apologize if this has been asked before - I did a bit of searching and could not find information on it here or via Google Searches.

Are there any plans to expand this or similar to XF2?

We're dealing with a bunch of negativity on our forum right now and it'd be nice to be able to do some better detection for this type of behavior.

Thanks!

Hello!

We do plan to upgrade it to XenForo 2.x and to enhance it with some more features (support for different languages etc.), but so far there was very little interest in this product (only 5 licenses for all this time), so this is not a priority for us. If you are interested in faster development you can contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php to discuss the terms of a funded project.

Thank you!

Hello!

We do plan to upgrade it to XenForo 2.x and to enhance it with some more features (support for different languages etc.), but so far there was very little interest in this product (only 5 licenses for all this time), so this is not a priority for us. If you are interested in faster development you can contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php to discuss the terms of a funded project.

Thank you!
I think it's a great feature and add-on, but part of the problem I feel is that many admins out there are not aware of Perspective or if they are, they do not understand what it does, and how it can make forum management easier. It's not a problem with your add-on or the API, but just a lack of awareness among everyone out there. There needs to be more articles and blog posts about it out in the world of developers. It has the potential to be a real game-changer for anyone who manages forums or comment systems. A major player like Disqus making use of it would certainly raise awareness of it, and enough community managers seeing it would be curious to find out what it does, and see if they can implement it on their own sites.

I wish I could afford to fund it, as I would use it on every forum I manage. Negativity, political jabs, insults, etc. are all growing issues on our forums.

I wish I could afford to fund it, as I would use it on every forum I manage.

It's possibly something that my forum would consider funding (see below) - inquiring with the author about this via a ticket on their site now.

Negativity, political jabs, insults, etc. are all growing issues on our forums.

My forum is going through somewhat of an identity crisis at the moment regarding all of this, it has gotten extremely bad over the past year. Extremely bad. We're trying to reduce the amount of junk/bs/negativity/political EVERYTHING on our forum but it just keeps happening.

We don't really believe in the punishment system of many forums where they just ban ban ban (we're more of a close-knit community) but I swear, it's almost like that's where things are headed sometimes. It's getting out of control.

Any change this would be released for Xenforo 2? I know the Google APIs and the value of such an addon and would buy it instantly.

Thank you for expressing your interest. Unfortunately, the has been no almost no sales for the add-on even given it's minimal price, so we don't have financial interest in spending so much development time to develop XenForo 2.x version. If you are interested in funding the development, please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php

Thank you!

I had one of the licences for the addon. It was nice features, but I think it could have been implemented better as I can't remember if I switched it on after playing around w it on test board. Cant remember why I didn't like it enough to bother asking for a xf2 version. That said if a xf2 version came along I'd buy one to play around with :)

Top Bottom