Other Google Perspective API for troll posts - Add-on request

I got my API access today, did anyone else?

Tim

I didn't get it yet unfortunately :( If you want you could contact me in a Conversation and we could see how we could share the access (if there is some access key/secret that could be shared and if it is not against their policy).

It looks like the access is a whitelist for my G Suite so it's not something that is sharable -

https://github.com/conversationai/perspectiveapi/blob/master/quickstart.md

As it describes there, you can generate the API Key and the key is all we need to start making the requests and seeing how it works to implement the add-on. Of course the key will not be used on any live site or anything like that, just to use the API and develop the add-on. I guess it is okay for all policies to give the API key to a developer to develops some solution for your site. Just drop me a message if you think you could share the key. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

We have been whitelisted for API access now.

Unfortunately, our priorities changed during this time and we are unable to work on this as an open-source project. Most likely we will consider creating the solution, but it will be released as a paid product. No idea about the price for now, as it depends on the complexity of the project and the time we will spend working on it. I will inform you here once the add-on is ready and released.

Thank you!

Hello, @tajhay !

We are almost done with the product itself, now testing it and preparing our marketplace to release the add-on. We are planning to provide trial access to the product to anyone who wants to test it out, so our marketplace software needs to be enhanced with this feature. We are planning the release of the product in about a week from now.

Thank you!

Hello, @tajhay !

We are almost done with the product itself, now testing it and preparing our marketplace to release the add-on. We are planning to provide trial access to the product to anyone who wants to test it out, so our marketplace software needs to be enhanced with this feature. We are planning the release of the product in about a week from now.

Thank you!
Great stuff. Look forward to testing it out. Any chance of putting a slidebar at the top of threads to determine the toxicity level you are willing to view so 100% will show all but say 50% will hide the more toxic posts?

Great stuff. Look forward to testing it out. Any chance of putting a slidebar at the top of threads to determine the toxicity level you are willing to view so 100% will show all but say 50% will hide the more toxic posts?

This is a feature we are planning to implement, but it will not be available in the first version. The first version provides live feedback as user types when they pass the predefined limit, allows different types of scores to be configured differently (toxicity, spam, and obscene language scores being available in this version), and allows triggering moderation on a predefined level of toxicity/spam score etc. It also allows the moderators to quickly check if an existing post is over any of the configured limits, which parts of post particularly are causing the issue and they can mark the post as moderated right away from that ppop up.

Please note, that this set of features does not require full indexation of posts and their check against API, but checks only the posts currently in question. This will avoid too many API queries and large local cache, which could be important on large forums. The second set of features we are planning (showing toxicity score of each post in the post itself to everyone/selected usergroups, a slider to filter out the posts based on these scores etc.) will require full indexation, and most likely we will make them optional/configurable.

You are welcome to post your suggestions and we will consider them.

I'll stick my hand up

By the way, most likely the trial version will require Ioncube installed on your server. The product will gracefully deactivate itself when the trial period is over. The full version will not be encoded of course and will not require any server setup above XenForo requirements.

We will keep you updated here with further news.

Thank you!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to inform, that we decided to change pricing terms and provide 50% discount from the initial price for both initial purchase, yearly upgrades and branding removal.

We are planning the next release in about 4 days, with implementation of forum filter defining where a particular rule should be active.

Thank you!

Has anyone had any joy getting an API key for Perspective from Google? We applied over a year ago and still haven't been accepted (or declined).

Has anyone had any joy getting an API key for Perspective from Google? We applied over a year ago and still haven't been accepted (or declined).
I got one last year at the end of May. Perhaps the email went AWOL in which case, I'd suggest checking your Google cloud console to see if you have access to "Perspective Comment Analyzer API".

I got one last year at the end of May. Perhaps the email went AWOL in which case, I'd suggest checking your Google cloud console to see if you have access to "Perspective Comment Analyzer API".

Access is still denied there. I have applied again to see if that helps.

Top Bottom