Implemented Personal conversations not utilized

erich37

I do have the feeling that "Personal Conversations" are not utilized by users a lot.

Is there any way to make the possibility of having "Personal Conversations" more visible to the user ?

Probably adding a new Tab at "Your Account" / "Start Personal Conversation".

Or maybe someone has any better suggestions for this ?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why a new tab? That's what the Inbox tab already does. Plus the option to start a conversation is on the Member Card and on their profile. That's prominent enough isn't it?

PCs shouldn't be used a lot unless users wish to speak privately about something. It's limited to certain people and only involves them. How active do you think it should be? I don't understand how you feel that it's not being used a lot.

yeah, the Inbox-Tab is fine.

at the Inbox-Tab we do have a link at the bottom-left named "Show All".
I would suggest adding a link to the bottom-right named "Start New Conversation".

This would also save one click.

I do have the feeling that "Personal Conversations" are not utilized by users a lot.

The only way we'll ever know how much they're used is if someone in a PC gets mad at someone else and posts the conversation on the main board - where it will be quickly deleted but not before a dozen people screencap it. (I've been posting on forums a long, long time.. it's inevitable. Not here of course, but everywhere else.)

I have about ~10 conversations going, one which is a group chat.

New users might have problems due to it not being "Private message", however once they realize what it is, they'll likely get use to it. 

The Inbox tab now has a 'Start a New Conversation' link within it.
Trouble with that though is that whenever you click on the Inbox link the little red number saying how many unread posts there are zeroes out whether or not you have read them. I realize this was probably rationalized as being convenient but to me it's just the opposite as I do not have time to answer all of the new convo posts each time I need to click that link, say, just to start a new convo.

I'd REALLY appreciate it in the user settings if that zero-all function became a user selectable option. I still find it very difficult to locate any other link to start a convo. Not sure what is meant by Profile card... When I click my name in the upper right hand corner I see a nice table of options, but Conversation is not among them, unless it's arbitrarily been given an alternative name, which makes no sense to me OR to my users.

Ok, found it in the left-hand column once I dropped down my profile card and clicked News Feeds. That is way not obvious for newbies, let alone an old timer like myself.

Top Bottom