Lack of interest Personal Conversation Email Notifications

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

jmurrayhead

While testing the PC feature, one of my staff mentioned that he had received 8 emails for a PC I included him in. However, he didn't even view the PC for the first time yet. I couldn't find a setting so thought I'd post it. Would seem to make more sense to only send an initial email for the PC and then only emails for replies after the last time the person viewed the PC.

Couldn't find a post like this...so hopefully it's not a duplicate.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I searched and did not find this topic anywhere else...so hear goes...

I had a member join my forum today and they decided to start a conversation with me(I'm not busy minds well talk :)) So now I go to my iPhone...and guess what? Like 20 emails saying "User has Replied to converstation" No, he wasn't spamming me, we were talking for those 20 emails. But I was wondering if there could be a way to limit the amount of emails that are sent to a particular user per x amount of a time, to reduce load on the forum and potential spam issues.

I will assume you mean that if there are multiple members in a conversation, there should only be 1 notification regardless of how chatty the other people are - until you visit the conversation..

100% agree.

I agree with this... It would be useful to have it set up like the emails you get from watching a thread where it says:

User replied to thread
To view this reply and any others, click here:
http://xenforo.com/community/...
You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

I think an email for every reply to a conversation is pretty excessive, particularly if you have several participants.

Or you could treat it like you do watched threads, have it not send another e-mail until you've read the conversation on the forum. After that it would send you an e-mail if there's an update.

Or you could treat it like you do watched threads, have it not send another e-mail until you've read the conversation on the forum. After that it would send you an e-mail if there's an update.
I loaded XF up on a test site today and the users that have been helping me test it so far have overwhelmingly asked for this exact feature.

Top Bottom