XF 2.1 Administrators are receiving email notifications for Conversations that they don't belong to

PaulaG

Admins are receiving email notifications regarding Conversations of which they are not a part. If I click on the link provided in the email I get the Oops screen. I don't want these emails. I can't find a way to turn this behavior off, though I can't imagine it is something most admins would want. I really don't care about a private Conversation between 2 users.

Most likely the participants are replying to the conversation notification emails they are receiving.

You will need to educate your members to not reply to the emails.

You can also turn off the conversation email notification content, which will at least stop part of the conversation from being available.

Thanks, that could explain it Brogan. It has been a 18 year battle trying to get this simple concept across, no matter how explicit the emails are in stating "DON'T REPLY TO THIS EMAIL."

I was accustomed to seeing the emails from VB so I'd trained myself to ignore them. I'll have more success training myself to recognize and ignore these emails than trying to train members not to respond when it says DO NOT RESPOND.

Thanks, that could explain it Brogan. It has been a 18 year battle trying to get this simple concept across, no matter how explicit the emails are in stating "DON'T REPLY TO THIS EMAIL."

I was accustomed to seeing the emails from VB so I'd trained myself to ignore them. I'll have more success training myself to recognize and ignore these emails than trying to train members not to respond when it says DO NOT RESPOND.

Consider sending from a donotreply email addy too which hard bounces if someone replies. Works wonders when you can't see their responses. :)

Top Bottom