XF 2.2 Email notifications not working with Office 365

Alvin63

Email all works fine for all users except one. Who uses Office 365 and doesn't get any email notifications etc. No email when a new post made or someone starts a conversation with him. So assuming this is an Office 365 issue. He is using a gmail account instead now. But just wondered if anyone has an idea what the issue could be with Office 365 (presumably blocking the emails).

Is it a personal O365 account or one provided by work? If the latter, probably getting blocked. Filtering in companies (including mine) is getting pretty strict due to the frequency of phishing attacks. If the former, not sure. I only have experience with corporate Office 365 accounts.

Last edited:
Email all works fine for all users except one. Who uses Office 365 and doesn't get any email notifications etc. No email when a new post made or someone starts a conversation with him. So assuming this is an Office 365 issue. He is using a gmail account instead now. But just wondered if anyone has an idea what the issue could be with Office 365 (presumably blocking the emails).
Quite frankly, I've had the worst experiences in getting anything Microsoft controlled to accept legitimate emails. Hotmail, Outlook, Live - all seem to have strong filters against incoming email. I've had users even whitelist our domains and the mails from our systems still don't make it. (We have all necessary requirements to keep our mail reputation at a good level... spf, domain key, dmarc, reverse dns, etc...)

Corporate/Business accounts are a whole other ball of wax. They can either have a strong blacklist or only permit whitelisted domains for incoming email.

I had this issue a while back and ended up contacting MS who then added our domain to their whitelist - they have a filter system in place before users get to download and filter out their own.

Top Bottom