XF 2.2 Push notifications not working with iOS and XenForo 2.2.13

PumpinIron

Push notifications don't seem to be working on my iPhone. I have the website added to home screen as PWA, but haven’t received push notifications. In my preferences, it says push notifications are unsupported. What am I doing wrong?

Latest version of iOS and latest version of XF (2.2.13).

ACP looks good too:

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 9.15.36 PM.webp

Push notifications don't seem to be working on my iPhone. I have the website added to home screen as PWA, but haven’t received push notifications. In my preferences, it says push notifications are unsupported. What am I doing wrong?
I have had this. Solved by removing the app from mobile Home Screen, restart phone and then adding it back then re-activate push notifications. It's an old trick but might just work.

Have you also activated notifications from your user panel?
Pretty sure he clearly stated
In my preferences, it says push notifications are unsupported. What am I doing wrong?
So it's a pretty good indicator that he tried that and it told him it was unsupported.... ergo the request for further assistance in why it may be telling him that it is unsupported and he cannot select it. Odds are it's his PHP stack doesn't have the necessary PECL's loaded or an add-on may be interfering, not that he needs to "go enable it".

Do you have gmp enabled in PHP?
You can find out easily in your ACP landing page for the PHP info.

Yes, gmp is enabled.

It works fine for me.
Have you also activated notifications from your user panel?
Yes sir!

I have had this. Solved by removing the app from mobile Home Screen, restart phone and then adding it back then re-activate push notifications. It's an old trick but might just work.

I'll try this and report back.

Thanks! How did you access this so I can troubleshoot and get air of these errors?

I figured it out.

I've had added my own manifest.json to the page_container but it appears that Xenforo adds it's own manifest as well.

Removing my own manifest.json file (which I had forgot I even added) now brings back this:

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 8.29.59 AM.webp

Last edited:
I can't get it work on the browser on iPad nor on iPhone, so I asked out forum users, they also can't.

the forum looks like this:
1701332531925.webp

It is Audentio that has replaced the entire (theme house) template - they say they didn't change anything. I don't know, anyone has any idea how to solve this?

I'm right to assume that I just take my ipad open an browser there and can activate the Push notification? or do I have to do anything else?
Considering if it works correct on the website ofcourse.

Push notifications only work on iOS 16.4 and later.

You have to add the site to the home screen and use it through that for push notifications to work.

Top Bottom