MG 2.0 Personal Albums - Limit Permissions

syspig

We're putting the final touches on a migration from phpBB3+Gallery to XF2+XFMG2. For various reasons, we can't use categories for the imported media - it all needs to go into personal albums.

Going forward after the migration, things will function as before in the phpBB environment. Users who request albums are placed in a group, permissions for personal albums are provided via group permissions.

However, I'm seeing no option to limit the "Can view media items" selections for users when they create a personal album. Anything other than public access is out of the question for us. Any number of things could end up in albums away from prying eyes, and at least with public access - we'll likely get notified by other users if abuse takes place.

Is there a setting I've missed to limit these selections? If not - any suggestions on how and/or where to tweak the underlying code/templates to set the default to "Everyone" and remove the other options?

There’s a moderator permission you can assign which bypasses a user’s privacy settings - so all your staff will be able to view even private albums.

There’s a moderator permission you can assign which bypasses a user’s privacy settings - so all your staff will be able to view even private albums.

Good to know, and certainly better than nothing - but I've a lone moderator who already has a full plate. Thousands of community eyes are better than one set. We've 10+ years of album usage in our current setup, and the "Latest photos" block + keeping all photos public has worked well for us.

Absent permissions to limit the choices, it seems like a template tweak would work best for us - but I've no idea where to look.

Top Bottom