XF 1.4 Permissions

VinnyS

Permissions are going to drive me to drink!! I am trying to create an announcement forum that only an admin can post in and I have been over this and over this again, again and again I don't see it...... I have admin rights I set my user right to admin and my node right to all and still I can post ???

Vinny

Hi Maru

I think I found the problem, my user had Register and Admin checked since I am an admin for the permissions to work I cant have both checked lol to beat the band.......

Vinny

I think I found the problem, my user had Register and Admin checked since I am an admin for the permissions to work I cant have both checked
You can, and that's how it should be set up.

You should read this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

I suspect you have Never set in the Registered user group somewhere.

Setting a "staff" node up is as simple as revoking the permission for the Registered user group and allowing it for the "staff" user group.

Hi Brogan
LOL Thank You for the reply I had the bottle on my desk ready to be opened lol........ Oh before I forget an open the bottle anyway does XenForo have spell check or is that an add-on?

Thank You
Vinny

Top Bottom