1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Permissions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by VinnyS, Jan 31, 2015.

1. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Permissions are going to drive me to drink!! I am trying to create an announcement forum that only an admin can post in and I have been over this and over this again, again and again I don't see it...... I have admin rights I set my user right to admin and my node right to all and still I can post ???

Vinny

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In the node permissions, revoke thread creation and posting for the other user groups and allow it for admins.

3. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Hi Maru

No nothing was set to revoke, however I think I got it I thing I set too many parameters and they fought each other??]

Vinny

4. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Hi Maru

Nope I changed all the permissions and still not working correct......... Dammmmmm...

Vinny

5. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Hi Maru

I think I found the problem, my user had Register and Admin checked since I am an admin for the permissions to work I cant have both checked lol to beat the band.......

Vinny

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can, and that's how it should be set up.

You should read this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

I suspect you have Never set in the Registered user group somewhere.

Setting a "staff" node up is as simple as revoking the permission for the Registered user group and allowing it for the "staff" user group.

7. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Hi Brogan
    LOL Thank You for the reply I had the bottle on my desk ready to be opened lol........ Oh before I forget an open the bottle anyway does XenForo have spell check or is that an add-on?

Thank You
    Vinny

8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Spell check is already built-into in most modern web browsers.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. VinnyS

VinnyS Active Member

Hi Andrej

OK thank you....

Vinny