XF 2.0 Permissions problem

Abraham54

I installed XenForo 2.0.0 as an upgrade on a cleaned (all add-ons and themes were removed) copy of my original forum.
My testforum works wonderfully.
But yesterday I was confronted with a problem.

One moderator and a co administrator have all permissions correctly set, but can not do anything on the testforum.
Analyze permissions gives a NO for everything for both of my members.

How to repair this?

Analyze permissions is the way to figure out what permissions are being set where. That should tell you which groups/context the "No" is coming from and therefore tell you where to start looking to fix it.

Feel free to post a screenshot if you need help analyzing it.

Hello Mike - you are right.
Strange that the setting for Banned users has this impact.
I changed everything in permissions to No for Banned User et volia: the setting for my moderator now are all Yes.

But I am happy now, thanks for your reply.

Actually... if you used NEVER in a group they are a member of.. it's not strange. It's expected behavior.

Both members were and are attached to the Moderator- and Administrator group and all permissions for these two members were set.
They were not attached to Banned Users.
But now I also replaced the settings in my normal forum for Banned Users, so the problem will not occur again.

Those users are showing up as being in -- I would assume -- every group. It's worth trying to figure out why or how that happened. You will definitely want to confirm that on their user edit pages (and if it shows as you expect, click save).

Top Bottom