XF 1.4 Permissions Problem Uploading

Hi.

I just uninstalled an old application that i didn't use anymore (I presume this is the cause) and all of a sudden my permissions are not working for uploading attachments into any forums. I've checked my Attachment options and users are allowed to upload 2 attachments. I've also checked the permissions for the nodes and they seem to be set correctly - I have also analysed the permissions and any permission associated with the word upload is Yes for all users.....but....when I click the upload button I immediately get a popup saying "You do not have access to this page or to perform that action".

Any way I can get the database to rebuild it's permissions, or alternatively can anyone think of a path that will help resolve this?

thanks!

Hugh.

P.s., it was working fine until I removed that app....

(The /xenforo/ app was copied from one hosting company to another
Did you confirm everything was working after the move, and then uninstall the add-on?

Or did you do the server move, immediately uninstall the add-on and then notice the permissions issue?

How did you do the server move, specifically with regards to the database?
Did you use phpMyAdmin?

Unfortunately, there isn't really a definitive list of functions that can't be disabled. Any function can be disabled in PHP, so unfortunately the rule is really "any function we use or may consider using in the future", which is likely 1000s of functions and will change over time. This is the first time I've ever seen this function disabled and I really don't know why it would be disabled.

For the things that we do check, the first page of the upgrade system would normally list any errors or warnings. We do warn on some commonly disabled functions (particularly in XF2).

Hi mike.

Ok - so the hosting company re-enabled that function for me and now the /install/ rebuild master data button works. It rebuilt everything - happy days. Didn't change anything though! So I then turned off all the upload permissions for the users groups and nodes and saved - the upload button dissapeared. Then Re-enabled them all and the button re-appeared, but still have the issue:

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 20.24.04.webp

So I'm thinking that whatever function is being called on the click of the upload button is still being blocked by the hosting company. Can you tell me what this function is so I can request it of them?

If that doesn't work and it's related to a corruption somewhere - would you suggest upgrading to a=the newest V1x version to see if that fixes it? If so, what version would you recommend and where do I get it?

Thank you!

Sooo.....a little further investigation shows this (when you click the upload a file button):

Developer Tools - https__www.gravyforthebrain.com_xenforo_index.php_threads_e-learning-reel.2...webp
And here is the error message:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: kinsta-nginx
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:50:13 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Powered-By: PHP/7.0.25-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-control: private, max-age=0
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Last-Modified: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:50:13 GMT
Content-Encoding: gzip

.....now......it's not cloudflare causing this because Kinsta (hosting company) have a temporary URL that you can also access the site that doesn't go through Cloudflare and you get the same error.

I've also checked the permissions of the /data/ directors and that's 775 all the way into subs.

Does this point to any clues as to what may be wrong?

It's not CloudFlare related, but parts of that request URL looks odd.

It's very possible the issue is the fact that you're running PHP 7 with 1.4. PHP7 isn't supported in that version. At this point, the recommendation would probably be to confirm with 1.5.16. This also changes the uploader to not be Flash-dependent any longer, so that may help.

Top Bottom