XF 2.1 Permissions, Groups and Moderator appointment.

RallyFan

Hi,

Tried searching but because there are so many Can someone just clarify a really simple question for me? @Brogan this might require your input if you have a moment to spare.

In order to make someone a moderator my understanding is you create the user account (or they register), and then you go GROUPS AND PERMISSIONS > MODERATORS > ADD MODERATOR and add the user there. That brings up a second page.

My question is: Do I need to do anything here (to ensure that user has correct permissions) or can I just leave it blank (no selections) and the Moderator Group Permissions will come into place? Or is that page really only relevant for setting individual moderation settings for a user that might differ to Group Permissions?

This is the page I'm talking about:

1589083766202.webp

Thanks for any replies :)

The Moderating usergroup permissions set up permissions that are common to all moderators.

The permissions on the Add moderator page are different and allow you to set specific permissions for a specific moderator that might vary from one moderator to another.

The Moderating usergroup permissions set up permissions that are common to all moderators.

The permissions on the Add moderator page are different and allow you to set specific permissions for a specific moderator that might vary from one moderator to another.
Ahh cheers djbaxter.

I figured that was the reason behind it, but wasn't 100% certain.

Top Bottom